4

"To me, being with you now is fate and I'm happy about it." -Zen

(Shirayuki's POV)

I accepted Garak's request to travel to Lilias and had to tell Zen about it later tonight, I also offered to tell crown prince Izana himself to ease her workload a bit, she seemed stressed as always being the chief court pharmacist in the castle after all. I mumbled for myself that I better do that as I stepped out of the laboratory. 

"Do what?" A familiar voice said from nowhere.

"Obi!? What are you doing here? Where is Zen?" I gasped as he surprised me, he was leaning against the wall next to the door with his arms crossed, his  headband pulled far down so it almost covered his eyes. He looked at me expressionless and with his cat-pupil eyes. 

"So many questions mistress. I'm just here to see you, Zen is fine at the moment. He is doing some paperwork in his office right now. Mitsuhide is with him." Obi said and grinned at me.

"Good. Is there something special you wanted to tell me?" I asked, Obi stopped grinning and looked seriously at me as he stepped closer towards me. 

"Mistress, are you going to go on a date with Zen today?" Obi asked me with a certain seriousness to it. 

"W-W-What?" I asked, blushing. How did Obi know?,I thought and felt my cheeks burn up.

"Are you?" Obi said once again and I flinched of the gleam in his eyes that scared me.

"Yes" I stuttered out in embarrassment. Obi glared at me for a second and then turned around, I looked at him curiously as it felt like the look in his eyes hid something. 

"I got some things to do, bye." Obi said and walked through the door. What's up with Obi? He didn't call me mistress and he didn't even jump up the tree? Is something on his mind? He seemed fine but the expression in his eyes, he were thinking deeply of something, was he angry at me? I better apologize to him for whatever I did to make him so upset. But first, I need to go to Izana and accept his request about Lylias, I convinced myself and made my way towards Izana. 

"Three hours until our date" I mumbled out loud and smiled for myself, feeling the wind blow in my hair while going to the castle and meet Izana.

(Zen's POV)

The paperwork took longer than I thought, two hours of nothing then. I wonder if I can make the date better, it's not easy because Shirayuki is always happy so I won't know what she likes but I took strawberries because it reminds me of her beautiful hair color. Oh wait, I can buy a present, wait, maybe flowers? or a hairpin or something? I shook my hair in frustration as to what could possible please Shirayuki and sighed. 

"What's the heavy sigh for, Zen?" Mitsuhide called out to me while leaning on the wall next to the door to my workplace. 

"Mitsuhide, if you were to give a present for an up-coming date to a girl, what would you buy her?" I asked him, he looked at me surprised but then held his chin with his hand and knit his eyebrows to think about it. 

"I'm assuming that girl is Shirayuki." Mitsuhide said with a shit-eating grin plastered on his ugly face. This bastard. 

"Just 'cause I make progress." I sneered back at him and chuckled at his defeated expression. 

"Whatever- If it's a present I would.."

(Izana's POV)

What should I do with those love birds? Is Shirayuki someone I can trust, someone Zen can trust? Someone who can rule the kingdom and handle my brother no less. I wonder when Shirayuki will tell my cute little restless brother about her trip? He will come running. I hummed and looked out the window's only to see small, white clouds and swans flying in formation way up in the sky. Free from responsibility yet incapable to meddle with such a stupid couple. Maybe they are meant to be? I chuckled at the thought.

(Kiki's POV)

I was just about to meet up with Mitsuhide when I saw him and Zen talking about something around the corner. I looked at Mitsuhide - is he blushing? Why are they both blushing? Who are they talking about. Do Mitsuhide have a crush?

"I've been looking for you." Mitsuhide said and rubbed the back of his head with his right arm and avoiding my stare suspiciously.

"Mitsuhide." I said and kept staring at him.

"Yes Kiki?" He asked still having a slight blush on his cheeks and avoiding my gaze. 

"Are you blushing? Look at me." I said and Mitsuhide blushed even more and looked me in the eye. Why does he blush more? Are this crush he has.. perhaps me? I blushed of the thought and looked down. Then I heard Mitsuhide giving a small giggle and I shot my head up thinking he laughed at me.

"You look cute with a blushing." Mitsuhide said and made me blush even more.

I smiled, hitting his arm in embarrassment, nicer than he deserved. 

"Yeah yeah, shall we go eat? I think Obi is here soon though." Mitsuhide said and looked around to see if Obi was laying on a tree or on a window or something. You honestly never know when it comes to Obi, I thought in agreement to Mitsuhide's paranoia. 

"Why? Are we eating with him? What about Zen? I asked, I kind of want to eat dinner with Mitsuhide alone.

"Zen are busy this evening." Mitsuhide said and stared at Zen who gave a smile back. Really what were they talking about earlier?

"Okay. Let's go then Mitsuhide." I shrugged as I gave up and started walking, knowing Mitsuhide will probably tell me later about his and Zen's conversation anyways. 

"Oi, tell Zen I got some business to take care of." Obi said, I turned my head towards the voice of the man up in the tree. So he really was on a tree, I thought for myself. Obi's voice seemed a little off but I'm still grateful of Obi being busy.

"Obi!" Mitsuhide yelled as Obi disappeared of our eyesight. I heard Mitsuhide sigh cutely as his annoyance of Obi's escape slipped through his lips. Mitsuhide rested his hands on his hips and turned around, pushing his annoyance away and looked at me with a wide smile.

"Let's go." Mitsuhide said and we started walking towards the town outside the castle.

"Where do you want to eat Kiki?" Mitsuhide asked, breaking the calming silence.

"Don't really care. Just not a 'big-bust maid cafe'" I said and mumbled the last part out as I gave a quiet snort of the memories of the maid. I don't even remember her name, I just don't like Mitsuhide's attention on someone else.

"OK, let's try a new cafeteria. How's about that?" Mitsuhide asked, did he hear me? I glared at him as he looked back and gave me a carefree smile. I guess not. 

We just went to a restaurant called "The Flying Pig" and ate there.

END.