5

"She called me Zen's brother. That alone was interesting enough." -Izana

(Shirayuki's POV)

I was outside Zen's door, unable to knock as I felt a little anxious about the news of Lilias and felt nervous for the date too, I inhaled and braced myself as I knocked. Zen flung open the door and I yelped in surprise. He had a slight blush on his cheeks, a sparkle in his eyes and a very nervous yet extremely happy smile on his face. I couldn't help smiling as cheerfully back at him, I greeted him. 

"It's finally night." Zen stated and gestured me in. There was nothing new to the room except a smell, it's sweet and distinct. It's chocolate! 

"Zen did you bring chocolate?" I asked, smelling the scent from the balcony. Zen looked a little amazed at me.

"Well there is nothing wrong with your cute nose at least, Shirayuki." He laughed a little and pointed to the balcony. We got to the balcony and there is was. The stars were just about to be shown and he had laid a comfortable looking blanket neatly on the floor with two big bowls full of chocolate dipped strawberries. 

"Zen how did you know that I love strawberries?!" I asked, anxious to sit down and eat. He looked very pleased with my question because his eyes were sparkling or was it just my eyesight, could also be the sparkle from his cute smile. Zen went to sit down next to me, laying down in comfort and stared at the night sky, the universe fitting inside his beautiful blue orbs. It felt like the universe had stolen the stars from his eyes as they fit so perfectly on him. 

"I can't lie to you Shirayuki, I had no idea what to do on a date, never really had on before. I feel a little..uneducated in this sort of events." He said looking at the side not wanting to meet my eye. Well, royalty certainly must have a more formal way to date, I guessed in silence. 

"What? Zen, this is great! Look at the gazing stars! And you managed to guess that I like strawberries and chocolate? This is literally the sweetest thing I ever got to do. My family aren't really rich so there is no way I would ever sit on a balcony like this. Maybe a hill? and chocolate? no way." I spilled out. The last thing I would want is that Zen gets nervous and anxious about this even if I am as anxious and nervous as him.

"How did you even come up with this?" I asked politely. 

"I thought of you..This is so embarrassing. But, well, the strawberries are red, just like your hair. I love them both and with that I though chocolate would fit, it makes it even sweeter right? And the stars reminded me of you so,.. that's it.." Zen said stuttering and having a deep red blush, he was adorable. I stole a kiss and he looked at me with wide-eyes before chuckling and leaning in for another one. I smiled into the kiss before I stopped and he looked at me curiously. 

"Zen, there is something I need to tell you."

(Zen's POV)

"Yes, Shirayuki?" I asked, she was serious and even sat up more formally. 

"I'm going to Lilias. I need to check on the progress of the light stones and I know you can't come because of your duties as a prince." She said.

"Well it's okay it's not soon anyway right? We'll have plenty-" She interrupted. 

"Tomorrow. I'm leaving tomorrow." She continued.  But tomorrow is soon. Too soon. Man. I wanna go with her. My heart sunk a bit of the lonely feeling. 

"Well how long will you be there? Just counting the travelling it would be four days and more" I said puzzled. Four days? is that long? without Shirayuki. Man it is going to be boring without her. How was my life before her? I felt myself getting out of track. 

"4 days of traveling and 3 days stay so it's going to be a whole week." Shirayuki said, I pouted and snuggled up to her, with my head resting on her shoulder.

"Too long." I whined and Shirayuki hugged me.

"I'll miss you but I need to do a check up there and get Garak a report of the glowing stones we're working on." Shirayuki explained with a weak smile. I took a deep breath through my nose, smelling her scent as it felt like the world stopped. To not seem like a total creep I sighed as I didn't want to let her go yet.

"Well, sighing won't get me anywhere, let's just lay here and enjoy each's company, my brother  has me bummed with all the paperwork" I said. I shifted and rested my head on her thighs with a slight blush from the feelings.. No not those kind of thoughts now, I thought and purified my mind. I exhaled as Shirayuki stroked my hair. 

So there we were, just talking about everything and nothing, enjoying each other's company as we studied the stars. The night was getting colder and I wrapped us in a blanket, placing the strawberries and chocolate further away as we laid there looking into each other's eyes, blushing. I smiled as Shirayuki mumbling how goofy we were. We stayed on the balcony until we both fell asleep. The moonlight gracing Shirayuki's pale skin and blazing red hair as I crawled up behind her with my nose nuzzled into her neck, breathing her in as I fell towards slumber. 

END.