2

"To me, being with you is fate" -Shirayuki

(Shirayuki's POV)

"Good work today, Shirayuki!" Ryuu shouted to me before I was in the castle building. I had just finished reading the garden log, adding some few notes and the next plan to fix a replanting scheduled in a few days. The orchids the King ordered for a festival in a few months did not work well with a few medical plants and so we have to replant to avoid further damage. All that and I still ended my work an hour earlier than planned. I smiled back at Ryuu who looked at me funny then smiled back. He was so young and quiet, only twelve years old, but knew more about the plants around the royal palace that I did. Ryuu has short messy brown hair and aqua blue eyes and he wore his usual baggy clothes consisting of knickerbockers with a fitted cuff, black hose and puffed boots.

It have been a long day and I had to work really passionately but it took it's tole, before I knew it I felt exhausted so I walked to my room and took a quick shower to rewind. While brushing my hair I felt like it had grown longer, maybe I should cut it? What would Zen prefer? I will ask Zen later. Oh right! I need to ask about our relation..

I looked down at my desk by the mirror and saw a note, that reminded me...

"I need to go to the nice landlady!" I said out loud and slammed my hands on the table as I got up which I immediately regretted as it hurt. Before I got the job of palace pharmacist and the bedroom that came with it, I stayed at this lovely house and the landlady whose name I can't remembered were so nice to me. I had made myself a note earlier to drop by her and give her a gift. 

"Ouch..." I winced and caressed my fists as the pain made itself heard, my hands were red but the pain faded away quickly enough. I looked up at the sky, it was around forty minutes before night. I have been able to tell the time by the sky's shades since I was a kid, but I don't remember who taught me that though but I'm still grateful to whoever that person was. I still felt a little bit tired but I remember the landlady is usually working till night. I can make it if I hurry. Yosh, I thought and hyped myself up. When I was near the gate the two guards was there looking at me surprised.

"Miss! Why are you running. Have something happened?!" The guards said in unison and looked concerned. I smiled as I ran to them. I reassured them nothing was wrong and they let me out hesitantly as it soon became dark outside. I heard them shout, wishing me good luck as I ran to the other side of town and I saw her just as she was about to close. Sorry Zen, I'm going to come late..I thought, shouted to the landlady. She looked up and jumped as she saw me running towards her. 

"Dear me, it's just little Shirayuki." The landlady said and squirmed, with her left hand on her cheek as she smiled at me. 

"Sorry for coming to meet you so late on the day but I just remembered to give you this." I said and handed her the note and a little cloth. She opened it.

"I just wanted to thank you for having me at your house even though I had such little money. I thought this would return your kindness." I said and have me a big hug, squeezing me.

"Aw, you are such a sweetie, you didn't need to. I laid the rent so low anyways." The landlady said and pinched my right cheek, luckily it didn't hurt. I gave her one of those crystal stones that lights in the dark and explain how it's just going to stay for a week but it'll shine through the nights and is still just a prototype. I bowed my head, hoping she won't be offended that I gave her something that won't last more than a week. 

"Oh no, dear, it's not the glowing that matters. It's the thought that counts." The landlady said and smiled as she patted my hair.

"Thank you. Excuse my question Miss Landlady, but I never really got your name?" I said and looked at her as politely as I could.