Chapter Two

[The Next Day]

"Teme!"

Sasuke's train of thought was discontinued for a while.

"You're late," he exclaimed, pissed off for sure.

"Sorry. I need to look after my child."

"Tsk."

"Sakura has been busy for a while and I can't just leave our son alone."

"No one asks for an explanation."

"You! Alright, I'm sorry." He rubs the back of his head adding, "Who would have thought this will be my life after all."

Silence

"I ask Hinata's hand earlier. I'll take her as my wife." Sasuke proclaimed, emotionless as always.

"Ah."

"What do you think?"

Silence is deafening.

"How is she by the way?" Naruto diverts the dialogue in an instant.

"Happy."

"Good to hear that," he puts his hand inside his pocket.

"Worry no more. Death won't dare to separate us."

"How reassuring."

"I have my principle."

"Good for you."

"Envy?"

"No," Naruto retaliates, looking away, guilty.

"How does it feel?" The raven smirks. "You should have treated her better, idiot."

"Call me names. I'm an imbecile nevertheless."

"You've been stupid for a long time and you don't even realize?"

"But not as stupid as you."

"What did you say?"

"I bet she's under your genjutsu when you ask her for marriage. We both knew why she agreed. All this time, all she remembers is me. Who's pathetic now?"

"Where did you get your confidence?"

"Sasuke, I know she's in love with me and you can't change that!"

"I won't abandon her like what you did! Now, live full of regrets, Naruto."

Hyuga Residence

He sips the tea Hiashi offered him as a sign of gratitude. Neji joined them as well. "How is my daughter?" The leader asks, looking intently at him. His byakugan was activated beforehand.

"Doing well."

"I guess she's convinced by your acting."

"She is always under my genjutsu. I don't need acting skills."

"Then, it's perfect." Hiashi sips another tea.

Silence

"I ask her hand earlier and she said yes," he did not even pause while saying those. As a response, both Hyuga was shocked.

"What did you say?!" Neji screamed with all of his hatred. His byakugan has been activated, ready to torture the last Uchiha. Meanwhile, the old man smashes the table claiming the attention of the two.

"What is this, Sasuke?"

"I am not making any mess." He stared at them wearing his cold orbs.

"Sasuke, you should take this matter lightly. After she recovers, she will be placed as the heiress once more! Do you understand? She can't marry you!"

"Why? Because I'm a traitor?"

"I never said that." Neji looks away, guilty.

"You're about to."

"Enough!" Hiashi mediates the scene, finally. "Uchiha, why did you accept this mission? It does not make sense to me. You and Hinata had no chance to exchange dialogue since then."

"No reason."

"You bastard!"

"Neji! Maintain your manner!"

Breathing heavily, in the end, his only choice is to obey Hiashi.

"I won't let her be your clan's heiress once she recovered."

"Why are you doing this Sasuke?" The old man is curious.

"Why not?"

"It doesn't make sense to me."

"None of these make sense either."

"Do you love my daughter?"

The raven's gaze is steady enough to intimidate them more. "You can scan my body on how it reacts. I'll leave it all to you."

"I disapproved the marriage. You can't change my mind."

"I am not asking for approval," Sasuke said as he helps himself stand, walking away from them.

"Uchiha!"

Sasuke needs no parental quotes for a moment. Concurrently, he is itching to go back home and feel her again.

"I hope your intentions are pure," Hiashi exclaimed calmly for he acknowledged his defeat. He had lost Hinata a long time ago and he can't afford to ruin her life further.

Hearing such, Sasuke halts while turning around to face them. "I see you're still blaming yourself. Believe me, I want to slit your throat badly right now. But that won't change anything. That won't ease the pain you and your clan made her feel before." He looks away, ashamed. "Parents are made to make their spring strong even if it requires the harshness of reality. That's the tragic life of Shinobi, isn't it? How pathetic. Guardians' decisions were never easy after all. The Father usually took the burden and gets nothing in return."

Hiashi looks at him but this time with a little admiration. "I see what you're trying to say."

"You're a father and you'll always earn my respect. You deserve it by the way."

By that, the raven disappeared.