Chapter Seven

He wakes up troubled making judgments about his surroundings. His head hurts like hell and his vision is a blur.

Damn! What happened?

He tried walking but failed as his world began spinning.

Shit.

But then he saw a medicine with bottled water on his table. There was even a note on it.

'Take this to make you sober.'

-Hinata

And such an act unconsciously draws a smile to his face.

Hinata's breathing is uneven. She is back to her usual training with Neji and his father. She had again obtained cuts and bruises. Her mouth is bleeding. The pain just worsens as the last bruises never even healed.

She manages to successfully knock Hiashi three times but that wasn't enough for the clan's leader. He wants more. He wants to see her capabilities. He wants her to be cold-hearted, to be tough, to be bound with a burning desire to be the heiress. He wants her to be the image of the main branch that he can somehow be proud of.

"Where are the strengths that I upskill you with, Hinata?" Hiashi asks, looking at her firmly.

"Father..." She breathes heavily. "What are you turning me into?"

"I'm doing this for you."

"For me..." Her tone is full of mockery.

Silence

"Let me ask you, my daughter. What does it take to be strong? What does it take to carry the weight of the world? Have you asked yourself? How can you protect the people you love? How can you protect us? How can you protect our clan?"

Hinata's hair dances the moment the breeze swirled around them.

"Father..."

"Do you think a leader is someone who's kind and pure?" His tone is somewhat challenging her. "No. You're delusional to think a leader should only possess those."

"I never ask for this," she lowered her gaze.

"Have you ever asked yourself, how can you achieve the mindset of no fear nor regrets? How do you evade the enemy? Do you think they are pure and tender as how you see the world, Hinata?!"

She did not respond.

"It's all because of your heart! You are too warm! Too sympathetic! Too soft!" He then looks up to the sky. "That will allow your enemy to see your weakness!" He looks at Neji. "Your cousin will never be there all time to protect us...you."

Silence

"From henceforward, the foe we will encounter will be much stronger than we can ever imagine. Hundred! Or maybe a thousand stronger! If you can't compose yourself, what will you lose, will be more than just our clan's legacy. It can be us. Let me tell you, my dear, If you wish to reduce the harm to slim, you must learn how to be remorseless. Once your heart is as hard as a stone, and it is impenetrable by any spears, then you can protect the people you wanted to protect."

"..."

"You might not understand this for now, but I hope you will, sooner."

By that, he walks away. Neji then approaches the heiress and assists her to compose herself. After that, the silence has been deafening.

"He hit the nail on the head."

"As I said, I didn't choose this, Nii-san," she wipes the blood from her mouth.

"We are all not ready for the responsibility. We just need to figure it out as we go on."

"But how do you see me, Neji?"

"You know my answer to that."

"Say it still. Who knows you could perhaps change my mind."

"I see kindness."

Hinata looks away murmuring, "Kindness."

Sasuke remains to lie down on his bed. His orbs have been fixed right on the ceiling of nothingness. Then, he made himself blinded for a while.

After the encounter, he can't even go to sleep. Whenever he strives to, Hinata's face flashes randomly. The kiss on his cheeks, those moments---Shit---he curses to himself.

He can sense it's dawn yet he holds no will of getting up. He already bought fast food yesterday. He just doesn't want to have a conversation with people. He wants to isolate himself for a moment. He is feeling weird right now because it's funny how he can smell Hinata's scent in his room. He then realizes it was from his cloak. By that, he unwillingly gets up so he can grab the robe then goes back to bed in no time.

That woman...I don't like her. Yet it's quite strange how he continuously sniffles the part which touches her body last night. She must have drugged me! And when reality hits him, he throws the clothes far from his reach. His uneven breathing pattern defines how upset he is concurrent. I despise her presence! It makes me want to kill once more. He clenches his fist, troubled for sure.