Chapter Twenty-Four

Present Time

"Am I weak?"

"What?" Sakura gulps, confused.

"I ask, am I weak?" Hinata tightened her fist.

"No."

Silence

"I am hunted by my nightmares," she grips her skirt tightly. "I feel useless."

"Hinata, everyone has their nightmares," she flashed a smile. It is now raining and the sound of it is as calm as a lullaby. "You can tell me your secrets. Maybe something that disappoints you. Mental health is critically important, Hinata..."

"And you'll tell yours, Sakura-chan."

"Of course, I will."

Hours had passed.

"Tadaima," Sasuke announced his arrival. He went directly to Hinata. Meanwhile, Sakura fixes her kits and made her way to the door.  She glances at them for the last time. She eyed the raven while kissing Hinata's forehead. She unconsciously looked away. Maybe, she's guilty of everything, for what Naruto did to her and she herself is involved as well. When she's finally outside, she admires the sky for a moment as she closes her eyes. She exhaled with relief. She curves a beam. This day is truly exceptional.

No. There's no turning back. The only choice they all have is to accept the present and work for the future. I'll make it right this time, because you deserve better, Hinata...

"Where have you been?" Hinata asks hugging Sasuke from behind.

"From Kakashi. I'll be taking missions in the future," he closes his eyes mesmerizing Hinata's embrace.

They stayed hushed for a while.

She beams. "I know. You'll be Hokage soon."

Silence

"Sakura's visit seems frequent the past few days. What's the matter?" He sounded concerned.

"I get dizzy for some reason..."

Sasuke turns around to face her. "You're pregnant, aren't you?" He seems excited because it's all obvious through his eyes.

Hinata smiled awkwardly. "What are you thinking?" She is sure blushing.

The raven lifts her face. "Cute," he then pinches her cheeks.

Hinata hugs him once more.

"Let's go back there again, Naruto..."

He grips her firmly. "Where?"

"To the place where you confessed your love for me. I have many things to tell you."

"Thank you, Nii-san." She returns the embrace as well. They stayed quiet for a while. The man runs his hand brushing her hair. "Are you sure about this?" He asks as he broke the cuddle.

"Yes," she assured him, finally.

He wipes the tears from her eyes. "Be happy. That's all I ask."

Meanwhile, Sasuke hid his presence while secretly eavesdropping on their conversation but to no avail. Perhaps, Neji put a barrier to maintaining privacy between them. If it wasn't for the fact that he is her cousin, he would definitely stab him by now.

"Naruto-kun? Daijoubu?"

He flinches at her sudden appearance. He looks away, ashamed.

"Alright. Enough for that."