Chapter Thirteen

"Sakura," he grabs her hand tightly, "please stay..."

"Don't you feel conscientious? Naruto, do you know what we're doing?!"

"I...we'll figure it out."

"Figure out the what? Did you forget you're engaged to her? You should have known that someone is waiting for you!"

Naruto's fist has been tightened while holding the pregnancy test kit. Yes, Sakura is pregnant. She is pregnant with his child.

"I'm a coward but I need you..." He looks into her eyes, almost begging.

Indeed, such a misery.

"We should end this, Naruto. We should."

Sasuke broke the intimate kiss. He looks at her with all his longing, with all of him.

"Hinata, I like you."

The woman was stunned, blinking twice, naive for sure.

"What?"

But the man looks unexpressive, standing there while staring back at her as well.

"I will go home now," she looks away, embarrassed. "T-Thank you for your time, Sasuke-san."

She's about to make a turn when―

"Figure out the what? Did you forget you're engaged to her? You should have known that someone is waiting for you!"

"I'm a coward but I need you..."

Her body failed to move even an inch, stunned, dead as a whole. But immediately, Sasuke grabs and turns her away from them.

The silence is deafening. It's snowing heavily this time. Hinata lay down on Sasuke's bed. She can't comprehend when she ends up in his room.

She doesn't understand this. She did everything. She became perfect just for him. She takes good care of him. Those nights, those cold nights, and when he needed someone to talk to, to vent out his daily anxiety, she is always there for him.

Why? What went wrong? Isn't she enough? This. This is killing her. Memories of Naruto especially his face flash randomly in her vision. She sobs once more. She is emotionally drained but it also damages her physically. She can't move. Something is heavy, something is aching. She wants to rip it out. She wants to stab it. She wants to die!

Sasuke, who stood outside, simply listen as she screams. He grits his teeth and tightened his jaw.  Somehow, she shares the same pain as him. No. It wasn't any romantic pain but at least, knowing he isn't the only one suffering makes him feel better. Yes, he is selfish.

He went inside. He removes his cloak leaving it on the ground. His focus was on her. He makes himself comfortable while lying beside her. Then, he began undressing her from behind. As he does so, the sob failed to cease. And so, he dug his head on her neck, kissing her slowly.

Yes, he is a jerk, taking advantage of her being vulnerable.

"Let me help you erase him from your memory," he whispered, lost.