Chapter 15

5/6/11 - 8:30PM - Metropolis, KS

"I am ready." said Cyborg to himself as he once again looked outside of the apartment as he continued to feel through his mind as well as the Lantern in his hand as he felt himself power-up.  He knew the battery in his hand was not connected to any power battery on Qward.  But after what he had done the past week he could feel the battery grow strong.  Parallax was far from here but even he knew in a matter of months he could arrive.  He would be captured and he'd be harnessed in a battery that will bring a new age in the power of fear.

The children were out there, he couldn't know for certain but he knew he had to be cautious.  They were their father's children.  Deep down he knew he couldn't be able to find them without risking his own life.  But also knew that if they had at least caught a pattern to how he killed his last victim then he'd know they would make the mistake of thinking he'd do it the same way twice.

He looked away from the window as he held the Lantern in his hands as he felt it miniaturize to no bigger than one of his rings.  He then walked over to the kitchen counter where he placed a box that had been delivered to his door.

He slowly unwrapped the box as he remembered purchasing it from a website that had all but erased the history as soon as it was delivered.  He then lifted the package from his hand as he felt the shape of the object in his hands.

"Ha Ha Ha!"

He couldn't help the laughter as he remembered a song that made this moment so appropriate.  So he decided to sing it.

"He's got the whole world in his hands, He's got the whole wide world in his hands, He's got the whole wide world in his hands. He's got the whole world in his ...hands."