Chapter 24

5/07/11 - 8:00PM - Metropolis, KS

"YES!!!" screamed Cyborg as he felt it. Clark's mind infused with his own, as he knew he had returned from the Phantom Zone.  It was an intoxicating feeling to know you could see through the eyes of your enemy as he felt overjoyed seeing the stone ground of The Watchtower and feel the soft hand of Tess Mercer run against his face as she saw the blood on his face.

"Its okay Tess.  I'm fine.  Its Oliver who needs help." He then saw Oliver Queen look devastated coming across something out of a modern day sword and sandal epic as he noticed several gashes across his body.

He then saw him zip away and find a cabinet full of extra clothes. Blue shirts, blue jeans and red shorts.  He always found it strange that Clark Kent was never identified as Superman given his wardrobe. He then saw the two heroes have a conversation about their plan in there.  He had to admit it was really stupid having faith in a human infected by the Omega symbol of Darkseid.  But Clark didn't know that. 

He then keyed himself into the police band and heard it. After days of wrangling the Daily Planet had given the police access to the recording of the video in the Daily Planet truck were the second murder had occurred.  Within an hour Clark would be arrested and they will have him locked up where he will be there ready to kill him in front of the world as he being the man who saved them from the Daily Planet Deviant. He grew disgusted at the name, but no more disgusted than wearing Clark Kent's face.  He'd kill him in his real face, the face of the man he was and not in Clark Kent's face.  Maybe a slightly older version so as not to frighten his family in this timeframe. As far as he was concerned he will avenge them as well as himself. He'd then planned to inform the world of the great threat coming to endanger them all and he will anoint them in a day of reckoning upon Darkseid as he would save the world and rechristen the Yellow Lantern Corps on Earth, The Henshaw Corps, seeing as their founder betrayed them all.  He then planned to expand from there, find Parallax and imprison him, obtaining the fuel he needed for the Corps and from there take on Oa to claim the rest of the Universe. 

He looked into the mirror of his apartment as he concentrated hard as he transformed once again into the proud face of Hank Henshaw.

***********************************************************************************************************

Courtney and Howie hugged each other tightly as Alex and Lynn joined them as they pulled them apart.  Howie made it clear that his parents were going to need him back home for a family emergency as he thanked her for understanding as they left her after returning from the Headmasters office.

Alex and Lynn felt it was going to be easier when they got to the Daily Planet.  But it wasn't and although Cat Grant made it clear that Lynn was a wonderful person to work with and wouldn't mind working alongside her again.  Lynn almost wanted to reassure her that she will one day.  Alex and Lynn spun the same story to the Daily Planet supervisor as well as to the headmaster that a family emergency had happened and that it was time to leave.  Tess Mercer even offered to extend their internship for their hard work.  But Alex and Lynn would not accept it. 

Alex then called Zatanna and remembered much to Lynn's disgust and Howie's fascination having had several more dates with Zatanna as they actually enjoyed several dinners and other private moments.  There was an awkward moment when they went to dinner the previous night at the same place Cyborg had murdered that first young woman.  An older woman thought that he was Cyborg but clearly explained as well as he could that he wasn't Cyborg as Zatanna was there saying she was with him as he tried to stop him on the day of the second murder.  The dinner went off without a hitch as the both of them returned back to his place where two cops were guarding the door much to Zatanna's disappointment.  Now in what he hoped was the last day he'd be in the past Zatanna appeared before him down the stairs to the Daily Planet basement.

"Hi Alex." said Zatanna looking somewhat cross. "Is it true? You and your family have to leave on a family emergency?"

"I'm afraid we do. Howie's parents are in some sort of trouble and we are on our way back.  I just wanted to say goodbye."

Zatanna was tempted to unleash some magic on him but throughout her entire week with him she hadn't had the need for it and she wasn't going to start now.  He then approached her closely as he spoke while gently holding her by her shoulders. "You are a special person and that's not because you work magic.  Although my cousin did love that impromptu magic show you worked out for him and his lady friend at his school."

Zatanna just smirked. "I aim to please."

"Yes you do." said Alex as he brought his face close to hers in a long, deep kiss.  The feel of her lips were wonderful to him as his were to hers. It was just outside of the bullpen where this was going on but it was clear they didn't care what anyone else thought.

"I will see you again. I promise." said Alex.  Zatanna looked in the eyes as she could see that within those eyes it was truly the greatest promise that he could make. More importantly she knew it in every fiber of her being that he would fulfill that promise.  She may have been small but she was not delicate, yet at that very moment she wanted to cry and beg him not to leave.  But she kept herself strong, as she turned around saying one more thing.

"See you around."

Alex and Lynn then left the Daily Planet and as Lynn couldn't believe how much her brothers were alike.  Only Howie couldn't make such a promise.  She knew that Courtney would find a man of her own one day and she'd be happy with him.  But Lynn always hated how much of a player her brother seemed to think he was.  She was born out of a culture that demanded respect for all women and found it weird that her little brother was so much like his godfather in his youth.  But seeing him and Courtney split she hoped that he would stop accepting these breakups and learn to appreciate a woman better.  Perhaps be like his father, older brother and godfather in his old age.  Find one woman in his life and never let her go.

After their goodbyes Alex, Lynn and Howie sped back to the Isis Foundation.  No sooner did they enter the building did Howie begin to speak in the same determined tone their parents usually spoke.

"Lets get to work!"