Chapter 34

5/11/11 - 8:00AM - Metropolis, KS

Gasping in agony at the ordeal he had to endure Cyborg had fallen back onto a couch as Oliver tended to him.

"Are you alright Hank?" asked Oliver.

It took some time before he could finally reply as he looked at Oliver and then at Chloe and Lois as he saw the looks on their faces.  He looked, truly looked into their faces as he realized just how horrible they looked at the realization that in a few years time they were going to die and that the men they loved would move on with their lives.  Lois looked the most saddened and as much as Cyborg enjoyed the sight of her like this, he needed to check with how Clark was dealing with it as he synched his mind back to the Watchtower.

***********************************************************************************************************

Clark was now standing upright as he could feel dozens if not thousands of feelings over what he just saw. He wanted to believe they were all lies, but at the same time he knew in his heart it was true. The rest of the League had finished shaking their heads out of disorientation but some were of disbelief, as they now knew the truth. But more important than the League, was the two young men in front of him as he realized what was missing was their sister.

Clark wanted to talk to them both and more importantly to speak to Lara when all of a sudden he felt himself being bound by a set of shining green shackles that surrounded his arms as well as his legs.  Despite his strength he knew that this was a power he couldn't fight and after what he had just seen and after what he had almost done...

"Please. Please I need to talk..."

"No! No Dad! We've shared too much." said Bruce. "Cyborg hears us now and thanks to you we can't go back to the Isis Foundation.  We have no choice but to hole up here in Watchtower but we can't trust you. So we've decided to shut off your senses and make sure that he won't be able to hear us again."

"What?" said Clark.

"It'll be like a dream," said Phantom Stranger. "Once I worked my spell Cyborg won't be able to tap into your mind."

Clark was bound tightly as he saw the rest of the League as many of them having seen and heard what had just happened all nodded their heads.

"Please. I understand you need to do this but... please. Let me apologize to your sister."

"Enough!" screamed Bruce. "Do it now!"

"Please!" Clark then screamed as the Phantom Stranger approached. "LARA! LARA I'M SORRY!!!"

Clark's eyes shut as he felt the Phantom Stranger's hands touch his head as he felt himself fall asleep.

***********************************************************************************************************

Cyborg writhed in agony and then suddenly stopped as he calmed down realizing whatever Clark's children had done it was successful. He could feel nothing. Not a single sense or memory. But even Cyborg had to admit he felt calm as he was tired of having to get a sensory overload of Clark's memories and feelings. As far as he was concerned Clark was truly a weakling and now he was back to where he was only he did receive a good degree of knowledge.  But even more important he saw just how damaging this was to Clark and Oliver's beloved women.

"Well I guess we are done with that episode of the Walton's." said Cyborg as he then approached Lois as she had a look of anguish on her face as she looked at Cyborg with disgust. While he was reveling in her discomfort as he decided to twist the knife.

"Now for that question. Tell me the truth Lois." Cyborg spat. "How does it feel knowing that in a few years you will die and then be replaced? The man who you loved is in another woman's bed and..."