Chapter 44

5/11/11 - 12:00PM - Watchtower - Metropolis, KS

The four landed on the rooftop as Clark looked around the place as he stopped for a moment as his super hearing kicked in as he heard a familiar voice, walking quickly as his children followed. 

Down the stairs he saw as the rest of his friends together from Themiscyra safe and sound talking together to someone else about what had happened in the past several hours.  Clark recognized the new voice below as belonging to his partial clone, Conner.

"So the Daily Planet Deviant was some kind of a freaking Terminator?"

"With Clark and his future wife as the Sarah Connor of this story." said Bart.

"But the cyborg was not just a machine, he used to be a human being before he was corrupted." said Oliver. "I know because I met him."

"And then he convinced you to follow him?" Conner said looking furious.

Oliver then hanged his head in shame as he refused to answer that question.

"Its a shame we couldn't be there for you. I would have loved to have kicked some ass with you guys."

Then another voice hit Clark ears which instantly caused him to smile. "Conner, you would have no idea what to have done if you did arrive.  I'm just glad you are all back, safe and sound." said the kind voice of Martha Kent.

"Mom?" said Clark as he looked down the stair leading from the rooftop as Martha Kent and everyone else looked up.  Martha and Conner however were more surprised than ever because unlike the rest, the others had already seen Clark dressed in his costume.  Conner and Martha looked overjoyed as Clark then stepped of the rail as he hovered down to meet them all as his mother raced to him in a warm hug.

"Sweetie," Martha stepping back from Clark for a moment as she took in his appearance as she smiled happily at how he was dressed. "This isn't the costume I made for you.  This is very Kryptonian but its metallic.  Where did you get this?"

"Actually this is a present from several years in the future.  As a matter a fact it came from these three very special people I want you to meet..." Clark then looked up as he saw his children walk down the stairs but before he could let out a single word a burst of super-speed from three blurs raced down the stairs and grabbed his mother in a group hug that caused his mother to let out a sharp cry.

"GRANDMA!!!" The trio that was his children shouted for joy as Martha looked down as she saw three grown youths with happy faces slowly put her down on the ground as Clark eventually managed to continue.

"Your grandchildren."

Martha gazed upon the eyes of the three with such happiness herself as she saw Clark's eyes in Bruce, his smile in Jonathan and obviously a costume similar in his daughter Lara.

"So sorry, but we almost didn't recognize you." said Jon.

"How can you not recognize your own grandmother?" asked Chloe.

Bruce then playfully grabbed two strands of his grandmother's hair. "You see Chloe in thirty years, grandma's hair here will be a lot less this." he said as he showed a pretty strand of amber-red hair. "... and a lot more of this." as he showed some strands of light grey hair.

"Bruce!" Lara shouted. "Stop playing with grandma's hair!"

Martha just laughed happily as she continued embracing her granddaughter in another hug.  She then turned happily towards Jon's direction as she put her hands to Jon's face as her eyes began to fill up with a soulful expression.