The Beast

Kara and Diana started running to the lab, to make sure everyone was okay

Kara and Diana started running to the lab, to make sure everyone was okay. They ran into the Hub, where everyone was trying to figure out what happened. "Kara, go to Loki's cell. Make sure he doesn't get out," Diana said. Kara nodded and they parted ways. Running into the lab, Diana stopped. There were small flames everywhere, equipment thrown all over the room, and the team on the floor. She spotted Steve on the floor. "Are you guys alright?" She held her hand out and helped Steve up.

"Find Banner. He was thrown onto the floor below," Steve said.

"Alone?"

"I don't know." The helicarrier shook again and the lights flickered. Diana pulled out her dagger and flicked it outward. The small dagger grew in size and her clothes changed into her armor.

A roar bellowed out from the floor below. "Looks like I've got a beast to slay," Diana said, walking to the broken window.

"Be careful," Steve said.

"Aye aye, Captain." Diana jumped onto the floor below, immediately getting backhanded by a giant green hand. Diana broke through a metal pipe, rolling onto the floor. Groaning, Diana slowly stood. "Okay, I see he's not the talking type." She spit blood out of her mouth and ran after the Hulk. Natasha was being chased by the Hulk, flipping up the steps and off of the walls.

Natasha ended up getting hit by the Hulk's hand, hitting her back on some metal crates. Hulk was about to hit her again when Diana ran in and tackled him into the cargo hold. "Banner, stop. You need to fight this," Thor came running in, kneeing the Hulk in the face. Hulk tried to slam his giant fist on the both of them, failing as Diana and Thor held up his fist.

"Diana, go. Check on Natasha," Thor said, slowly pushing the Hulk's fist up.

"I'm not leaving you."

"I was not asking." Thor kicked Diana, rolling her away from the Hulk.

"I've got him! Go!" Thor hit the Hulk with his hammer, sending him to the floor.

Diana ran out of the cargo hold, not seeing Natasha. "Natasha?"

"Is he gone?" Natasha said, hiding on the other side of the crate. Her knees were huddled up to her face and her body was trembling.

"Are you okay?" Diana helped Natasha off of the floor.

"This was Loki's plan. He wanted this exact thing to happen."

"Is anything broken?" Diana began checking Natasha's ribs for fractures or breaks.

"Diana, I'm fine." Natasha removed Diana's hands.

"Diana, I could really use your help right now," Steve's voice said over her earpiece.

"Where are you?" Diana asked.

Diana could hear grunting and gunfire on Steve's end. "The control panel on the west side."

"Hang on. I'm on my way."

"I kinda have no choice." Diana furrowed her eyebrows at Steve's sentence.

"I have to go," Diana said. Natasha nodded and limped away.

Running to the control panel, Diana didn't see Steve. "Steve?"

"Down here!" Diana noticed Steve dangling off of the edge of the helicarrier. "Get to the red lever!"  The helicarrier started leaning and Diana leaped to the lever and pulled it.

 "Get to the red lever!"  The helicarrier started leaning and Diana leaped to the lever and pulled it

"Diana sent you to look after me? Wow. I'm actually offended," Loki said, seeing Kara walk into the holding cell with Agent Coulson.

"Move away, please," Coulson said. He was pointing a blaster at Loki, slowly walking to him. Kara looked to Thor, who was now trapped in the cell. "You like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does," Coulson pressed a button on the blaster and it powered up. "Do you want to find out?"

Kara noticed something appear behind Coulson. "No!" Kara tried to move Coulson out of the way, but it was too late. Loki impaled him with the tip of his scepter, straight through his heart.

Thor slammed his fist on the glass, trying to break out. Loki flashed an evil smile and held the tip of the scepter to Kara's chest. Kara's eyes went from fully black to bright red. Kara's eyes heated up and lasers shot out of her eyes, knocking Loki through a wall.

Kara turned her attention to Coulson. "It's okay. You're gonna be alright. You'll be okay." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and placed her hands on Coulson's chest, applying pressure. She sniffled and kept her hands on his wound. Kara got sent backwards, hitting her head on the wall. Her shoulder burned as her skin sizzled. She groaned in pain and started to stand up. "You son of a bitch," she panted.

Loki blasted her again and she blacked out.

A few minutes later, Kara woke up in the medical ward, with an agent looking over her. There was a bandage on her shoulder and an IV in her arm. "Caitlin?" Kara said, getting a good look at the doctor. She slowly sat up, still feeling discomfort in her shoulder.

"Hey, Kara. How are you feeling?"

"Like hell. How is everyone?"

"Most of them are fine. Some are being patched up."

"Coulson, is he..."

"He didn't make it. I'm sorry." Caitlin removed the IV from Kara's arm.

"I'm gonna kill him." Kara ran her hand through her hair.

"You should go. Your team needs you," Caitlin said. She helped Kara off of the bed. Kara held onto her shoulder and stepped into the hall. She walked past injured agents being patched up, people scrambling to fix the computers, and various sparking technology. She saw a body bag and figured it was Coulson being hauled away. She walked into the Hub, seeing Agent Hill swatting away a medic who was trying to patch up her head injury. Fury looked devastated and paced back and forth, holding something in his hand.

______________________________________