Day 10/Night 10

October 31st, 2020

The beginning of the end...

Harry and Tabitha sat together in silence. At this point, they didn't know exactly what to feel, or think, or do. It was all so strange and terrifying that they didn't know how to put anything else into words.

Harry was the first one to break out of their supposed trance when he put his phone back on the counter that was next to the bed and looked back to Tabitha.

Tabitha just stared off towards the window of their room, trying to make sense of it all while asking herself so many questions at the same time. When she had asked the demon why it chose her and Harry the only response the demon gave was that they belonged to it. That didn't make any sense to her. Why her? Why Harry? What reason could there be for the demon to want them both so bad? Was the demon always here in the house and they just didn't notice until it was too late? Or was the demon already following them before they even moved into the house? So many questions and no set answers. She felt ready to lose her mind at this point. She just wanted to give up. And slowly, she was.

She put her hands in front of her face to cover herself as she began to cry. Crying out of fear, sadness, and heartbreak. She had so desperately wanted to make a new chapter of her life with her husband in this new house, she was positive that this would be the house they would live a majority of the rest of their lives in the second they had been shown the house. What was supposed to be a house full of happiness and prosperity turned out to actually be a house of hell and nightmares. And it hurt, it hurt her so much, it was breaking her and she didn't have the motivation or strength to stay strong anymore.

Harry embraced her and held her against his chest, he too was also hurting and heartbroken. He was just as excited as her to start a new chapter of their lives together here in their very first house. He imagined how they would've spent a few more years here as husband and wife before they welcomed their first son or daughter into the world and then turn the spare room into not just a bedroom for one child but a room for two one day. With a nicely set bunk bed and decorations that both of their kids would've liked and maybe even a dog to come running in and lick their faces happily as a way of saying goodnight, good morning, hello, and goodbye. But that was all crashing down on him too. Those dreams were slowly fading away because now, all he wondered and dreamed about was being safe, keeping Tabitha safe. From the demon, and from the house.

"Tabi darling, talk to me, tell me what you're thinking, what you're feeling right now."

Tabitha slowly looked up from her hands and to Harry with tears continuing to stream down her cheeks, "Why us Harry? Why does this have to happen to us? What did we do to deserve this?"

Harry immediately moved to cup her cheeks and wipe her tears away with his thumbs, "Nothing, absolutely nothing my love. There is nothing we could've possibly done to deserve to go through what we've been going through, nothing."

"Then why is it happening to us then?"

Harry felt at a loss to try and find a reasonable answer, but he still tried the best he could, "Sometimes the evil just targets the good, for no reason other than to cause harm. Why? Because that's what the evil does, it's ruthless and careless and as long as it gets a rise and some sort of satisfaction out of it, it won't ever stop. Unless we put a stop to it first."

"How do we do that then? How do we put a stop to it?"

Harry sighed, looking away from her momentarily, "It's not going to be easy, and I'm not sure how much you'd approve of it either."