03; Let's Freak People Out!

"Boo!"

     "Boo!"

"Jesus christ, Ryuu," ( Name ) yelled, flinching as her undead friend appeared in front of her, giggles erupting from his mouth. He had somehow changed his clothes ( which [ Name ] still didn't know how ghosts did ) into a tan hoodie and black jeans. Ryuu never seemed to wear shoes, though she supposed he didn't exactly need them.

"I thought we should have a little discussion on your quirk! We never really do that, and since you're becoming a hero you're proooobably going to do some training!" He sounded much more excited than he should have been to discuss a quirk that ( Name ) had always thought was sort of useless. Ryuu was right though, she was most likely going to be doing some wack training. Before the school year had started, U.A. had the hero course members submit a hero costume design for the support class to create. Her submission had been so basic even Edna had added things onto it.

Suddenly, a little girl appeared in front of ( Name ), once again scaring the crap out of her. This little girl was Tachibana Rin, a child ghost who's death had been traumatic enough to where she hadn't continued aging. ( Name ) had always wanted to ask about her death, but she was too nervous to bring it up around such a sweet girl. Rin had long brown hair that went to the middle of her back. She had nose freckles and dark brown eyes, as well as nearly white skin. Her neck appeared to be full of scars in which ( Name ) and Ryuu had never brought up. She normally wore plain black dresses with shorter sleeves. Rin almost always just appeared randomly, coming and going as she pleased, though she did have an emotional connection with ( Name ) and got along great with Ryuu.

When Ryuu and ( Name ) had met her, they had found her crying at the front of an alleyway, one of her scars still bleeding. At the time it had meant she had most likely been dead for just over a year. Rin never said much about why she had been crying, but ( Name ) had comforted her and now she was another one of her undead companions.

"I wanna help talk about big sis' quirk!" The brown haired girl stated, a small pep in her step as she walked backwards in front of the two. That was one thing ( Name ) envied about ghosts, they never had to worry about tripping or bumping into things. ( Name ) was still in public, which meant if anyone was around they'd probably think she was insane. But hey, her neighbors already think she's a lunatic, so, yolo?

Ryuu hums in response to Rin's statement, beginning to speak. "Well, we already know that at most three ghosts can possess ( Name ) so that she can use their quirks. But she does have less control over herself then, so I suppose we would need to trust the ghosts to get along well enough to work together..," He trails off at the end, already going into a small mumble.

"My quirk is useless in almost all situations, and if half the people in my class found out, they probably wouldn't believe that it even existed. It already took three years for Edna to believe me, and I lived with her," ( Name ) states, frustration already present in her tone. Rin frowns.

"I don't think it matters whether or not they believe you, you know for sure and that's what's important!" The little girl smiles at the end, making Ryuu grin.

"Yeah, and also!; I'm fairly certain your homeroom teacher, Aizawa sensei? I'm fairly certain he pretty much fights quirkless, sort of like you. He just makes his enemies quirkless as well." He states, glancing at ( Name ).

She hums, looking up at the sky for a moment. "So I would pretty much have to stay away from public eye and become an underground hero," Ryuu and Rin nod at the inquiry.

( Name ) continues onward. "What am I meant to do though? Sure I can learn to fight and use support weapons, but it's not like I'll be able to actually use my quirk itself that well,"

"Well-" Ryuu begins, "-that's partially what the training is for isn't it?"

Rin suddenly squeals and hops up, ecstatic about whatever idea she just got. "If you're able to allow even just our voices to cross onto the human world so everyone can hear us, we could freak people out!" ( Name ) sweatdrops on how excited Rin is to scare the shit out of people, while Ryuu catches on and continues.

"Totally! You've gotten really good at stealth and just making yourself seem scary, so if Rin and I were able to cross over even a little bit, with our voices like Rin said, we could totally put people off!"

( Name ) nods, thinking for a moment. Freaking people out with something that seems so close but can't even be touched or seen would definitely mess up the senses. It wouldn't give her a ton of time, but giving the victim enough shock in the moment could be of a ton of help. She already knows basic self defense, and her stamina is pretty good from Edna and the daycare kids having her go biking with them all the time. The only thing holding her back is the repercussions of her quirk, something ( Name ) absolutely despises having to deal with.

Ryuu and Rin state their quirks again for a quick reminder.

Ryuu's quirk is actually pretty useful, though basic. He likes to call it 'Chains'. Like the name says, he can shoot chains out from his body and latch onto things, or just smack people with them. It usually causes some pretty bad cramps in the places the chains were used afterwards though, which always leaves ( Name ) with bad arm cramps half the time. She had used his quirk a lot throughout the years, so it was rather easy for the possession to work, and they were a great pair.

Rin's quirk is also rather simple, it being 'High Tech X-Ray'. It allowed her to see through any solid thing she chose. The quirk was great for finding location, though her eyes glowed blue when it was used, so her own location could be given away as well if enemies were close enough. There weren't any awful repercussions for Rin's quirk except the eyes hurting for a few hours afterward depending on how long the quirk was in use. Though ( Name ) didn't really use Rin's quirk a lot, it was rather simple to activate and would be really useful in certain situations.

"Anyyyway,-" Rin begins. "-we'll just have to make more up as we go and learn more!" She says, stopping for a moment before turning around and disappearing.

Ryuu snorts. "She always leaves so quickly,"

"The spontaneous aspect is quite fun to be honest," ( Name ) admits.

They finally end up at the daycare, ( Name ) unlocking the door and entering. She's immediately met with the squeals of children and the yelling of Edna for her to make dinner. A dog is barking from the bathroom.

( Name ) sighs and Ryuu laughs at her misery as she walks to the kitchen.

( Name ) pauses.

"We don't own a dog-,"

END CHAPTER THREE