Chapter 7

Someone told me to update so an update it is.Fighting everyone!
-----

Sakura
I stood up after reading my mom's message.I can't let them wait.

As I walked my way into the door,I saw Professor Bae standing at the doorway,looking at me.I just passed through her but she held my hand and closed the door,leaving us outside of the room.

"Kkura-yah,let's talk."she said then started walking.While me?I just let her drag me to wherever she wanted to go.I know my parents were waiting for me in my dad's office.But I suddenly didn't care about them.Well,I think they can wait,right?

While walking,Professor Bae,taking the lead.I looked at our interwined fingers.It's been a while since we held hands.I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the warmth of her soft small hands.I used to think before that I'll be the last one who would hold her hand forever,but turns out that I'm wrong.

The one who has the right to hold her hands is a sister to me--to us,Kang Seulgi.I know she takes care of Joohyun so much.We can see it in her eyes that she truly loves her.I don't have to worry anymore.

We entered a door,the fire exit.What are we doing here?

We went down few steps.She faced me.She's still beautiful as ever.I shaked off my thoughts and asked her,"What is it?"

"Huh?"she looked confused.She brought me here for nothing?My parents are waiting.It is such a waste of time.

"You said you wanted to talk."

"Ah,right."

I looked at our interwined hands.I saw that she looked down at our hands too.When she realized that she is still holding my hand,she quickly retrieved hers and I put both of my hands on my coat's pocket and looked away.

"I just wanted to talk about us."she started.Us?

"What are are talking about?It's already over for us."I said.I can't understand her.Why does she want to talk about that.

"I-I know and I'm sorry for that."

"For all these years passed,why are you coming to me now?There's so much time before.Why now?"

"It's because I was afraid,Sakura!"she already raised her voice.

"Afraid of what,Joohyun?"I called by her name.I'm starting to lose my patience here.

"That they would know our past!You know we have a reputation to keep!"

Fuck that reason.

I smiled bitterly,"Reputation?That word again."I took a deep breath and started talking again."You know what?Let's stop this bullshit and get straight to the point.Tell me."

She sighed and put on a serious face,"Let's get back together."

What?!

I quickly turned to her,"Are you insane?!You are already dating Seulgi-unnie yet you wanted to get back together?"

"I know you still love me and I do too."What is she saying?

"So what if I still love you.Yes!I'm still inlove with you but you're dating somebody else!You can't do that."She can't cheat on Seulgi-unnie.I can see how happy Seulgi-unnie is whenever I see them together.

"What if I break up with her?"she suggested.No.No.

"Joohyun,stop this nonsense!"

"I-I can't.I realized t-that I still love you."

I took a deep breath and put my hand up in front her face,gesturing her to stop."S-Stop.Please.Just..just stop.Let's not waste our time here.You have your own business and I have mine too.My parents called me and this nonsense talk stopped me from going to them."

"Good thing you let me drag you here."

"Of course."I still have conscience you know.

"Kkura-yah."she called.

I faced her and suddenly I felt a pair of lips on mine.Shit,why can't I move?!

I didn't respond nor pulled away.I was shocked that I didn't know what to do.

She pulled away and stared at me.Her eyes.What the heck is wrong with me?I shouldn't be feeling like this.

I turned my body to her and stared at her too,"Why are making me feeling like this?"I asked,confused at myself.

"Like what?"she asked then I cupped her face and kissed her.She responded to my kisses until we heard a door closing.It was not locked?!Damn it!

I looked into Professor Bae's face.Panic is clearly seen in her face.I tried to be calm.I can't panic with this situation.

"Sakura!What if someone saw us?"She's already panicking.I touched both of her shoulders to calm her down,"Joohyun!Calm down please.If continue being like this,someone will find us here."

I continued,"I'll find the person who was here earlier.I'll make sure no news of us kissing here would come out.I promise."I really don't care about my image.I care about hers.

"P-promise?"

I nodded at her,"Promise."

I fixed my coat before saying,"I gotta go.My mom's waiting.Let's just pretend that nothing like this happened.And please,wake up.Don't come to me when I'm already doing fine without you.I'm starting to live with my life and you're not part of it.Goodbye."

She opened her mouth to say something but I already turned my back.I went up the door and close it.I know I'm a bitch for saying that after I kissed her.I gave her hope but I can't let her hurt Seulgi-unnie.

Like what she did to me.

I took my phone and messaged my mom to tell that I'm on my way.

I pressed the up button of the elevator.When the elevator opened,I saw Chaeyeon leaning on the elevator wall.I asked her,"What are you doing here?"

She sighed,why does she looks tired already,"Errands."she simply replied.Maybe Professor Park asked her to do something.I didn't ask further as she was already tired.What errands did Professor Park asked her to do that she looked this tired?

"Do you want any help?"Well,we are partners,right?I should help her.Maybe ditching my parents is a good idea.

She stood up straight and said,"No need.I already did it."

"B-But..."the elevator door opened.She put her hands into her coat's pocket before going out of the elevator,"I'll just wait for you in the Emergency Room downstairs.I know you have something to do."she said,smiling.

Before I can say anything,the elevator door closed.I leaned my body and head in the wall,sighing deeply.

I just hope Chaeyeon isn't the one who saw us.