Chapter 9

Sakura

I went out of the elevator when it reached the 26th floor,where my Dad's office is located.When I reached blurry glass door,I knocked two times before it was opened by my Dad's bodyguard.

There I saw my parents sitting while sipping on their tea.I scoffed when I saw my mother smling at me.A fake smile.She gestured me to sit so I sat to the couch across her.I also looked at my father on my left side,sitting on a single-person chair.

"Why?"I immediately asked.I know they want me to do something.Again.

My Mom dropped her tea cup into the table before smiling,"Took you long enough to be here,Sakura."

I shrugged,"I had something to do,Mom."

"Just make sure that it's that important that you need to be this late."my Dad spoke.I rolled my tongue inside my right cheek before replying,"Yes,Dad.So,just get straight to the point.What is it?"

My mother cleared her throat before speaking,"You know Chairman Bae's granddaughter,Joohyun?You know each other,right?"

I rose my eyebrow at her question."Yeah,we know each other.What about it?"They never knew that Joohyun and I had a thing before.I snickered.If you only knew.

"We decided to set up a date for you and her."My mom dropped the bomb,making my eyes widen.I looked my father,seeking for help.He usually helps me in times like this.But he looked away.It looks like he's part of this.

I groaned,"Mom!You can't do that!"

"Well,I can,honey.Besides you are good friends with her,right?"

"But still—"

"No buts,Sakura.Meet her at Sunday.That's the only time you can meet."

I sighed.I guess I can't do anything for now.Should I just ditch her?

No,that would be unmannerly.

I stood up,bowing before leaving his office.I should make a plan to stop this set up thing.The hell,Joohyun is already dating Seulgi-unnie.

Suddenly,an idea came up into my mind.I should ask help from Chaeyeon but I don't know how.Should I ask her to be my girlfriend,a fake girlfriend to be exact.I just need to show my parents that I'm already dating someone.

When I was just about to push the elevator button,a message came to me.

Joguri
1:27 PM

Sakura,all of the interns are called
down here in the emergency room.
Be quick.

I just stared at Yuri's message before shaking my head.We've been friends together with Hyewon since we were 5 years old but she still speaks formal to us.Typical Yuri.She's serious but a great friend.Of course,Kwangbae too.

I went down to emergency room to see Chaeyeon beside Eunbi.The other interns are there to.Hyewon on Eunbi's left side since Chaeyeon is on her right.Yuri looking serious as always and there's Yena who was smiling goofily at her.They're honestly so adorable together.

I stopped beside Chaeyeon and whispered to her ear,"We'll talk later."

I saw her stiffened so I chuckled before pulling away.A clap caught our attention then I saw the professors,including Joohyun of course.There are two clipboards each on their hands.