CHAPTER 4

The next morning, Troy and Y/N walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, everybody." Y/N greeted as she and Troy spot their friends, their hands interlaced.

"Good morning."

"Good morning."

"Smells good. That smells good." Y/N comments, looking at what Zeke was cooking.

"Hey, Martha."

"Hey."

"Hey, Jason."

"Hey, morning."

"What's up?"

Grabbing her card, Y/N swipes, as Troy does too, her body trapped between his chest and the wall. Troy wraps his arms around her, resting his head on her shoulder, before pressing a kiss to it. Y/N smiles as she puts her card back. She pauses when she hears music coming from the piano room. Grabbing Troy's hand, Y/N leads him where the music was coming from. Opening the door, they spot Kelsey singing a song while playing the piano.

"Yeah
You are the music in me."

"Sounding good, Kels." Y/N remarks, walking to stand beside her, Troy's arm wrapped around her waist.

"Thanks." Kelsey smiles. "Actually, I need to go get ready for the ladies' luncheon. Won't exactly be rocking out. You know, I am so excited about the club's talent show. I mean, the employees get to do a number, and I have ideas for everyone. You guys can sing the lead, and maybe Zeke and Chad can do backup, and everyone can dance."

As Kelsey talks, Troy shares a wide eyed look with Y/N.

"Big timeout on that one." He stops her. "My singing career began and ended with the East High Winter Musical. I'm just here to make a cheque and sneak in the pool after work. That's... That's really it."

"Oh." Kelsey replies sadly.

"What was that you were playing a minute ago?" Y/N asks.

"Oh, it's... It's nothing. It's just nothing."

"What's this?" Y/N remarks, grabbing the music sheet she tried to hide.

"Well, I was thinking if you'd do the show, that I wanted to be ready, and I wrote this for you guys."

"Come on. Go." Y/N places the music in front of Kelsey before tapping the piano. Kelsey takes a deep breath, before playing the intro.

"Na, na, na, na, na, Yeah
You are the music in me
You know the words
'Once upon a time'
Make you listen, there's a reason
When you dream
There's a chance you'll find." Kelsey sings as Troy moves closer to Y/N resting his arm around her while the other is against the piano.

"A little laughter, or happy ever after
You're harmony to the melody
That's echoing inside my head
A single voice above the noise
And like a common thread
You're pulling me." Troy and Y/N joins in, Y/N smiling at him.

"When I hear my favourite song
I know that we belong
Oh, you are the music in me
Yeah, it's living in all of us
And it's brought us here because
Because you are the music in me." Y/N and Troy sing as Troy moves to the other side of the piano, glancing between Y/N's face and the music sheet.