10|𝐿𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ 𝐷𝑎𝑡𝑒, 𝐵𝑜𝑢𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑇𝑢𝑙𝑖𝑝𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐻𝑜𝑚𝑒

•WIN OPAS-IAMKAJORN•

WIN OPAS-IAMKAJORN•

January 2020

The albums in front of me are in disarray after my second client left, and so I have to tidy up a bit for the next one. Though my day had just started, it feels like my whole body is already drained to the bones and I am on the verge of pure exhaustion. Right now, all I am thinking about is being inside my condo and cuddle my soft and warm duvet while I shut my eyes, and travel into my dreamland. Or maybe, some Netflix and pizza on the side while I continue to indulge in such serendipity while the TV blares so loudly on my home speaker.

But no, I had to be stuck here in the shop and clean up a bit before my next client comes in which is around 3 in the afternoon. Really, I don't remember all of my appointments and client consultations unless Nene reminds me of it, and she even prepares the albums that I need for the client. She knows what kind of set-up they have in mind, and takes note of the necessary things in connection to the customers' request. Truly, having Nene is a blessing because she keeps everything so organized that I don't even have to think about anything else.

I take a glance at my wristwatch which is flashing 12 noon in burning red making me realize that I actually haven't eaten anything since this morning. Though I did find the time to stop by to grab a to-go coffee for me and Nene before coming over to the shop. The effects of the coffee had subsided, and I can hear my stomach grumbling from hunger. I quickly finish whatever I am doing so I can dive into my lunch when the door suddenly chimes making me whirl around with a wide grin plastered all over my face.

"Hi, good afternoon!"

"Oh," I look at him with a surprised expression and he raises a bag in the air making me look up and focus on it.

"I brought lunch, I hope you didn't eat yet," he announces before making his way in to where I am standing. Before I could even react, Luke inches the gap between us and gives me a gentle peck on the cheeks. I can feel the amount of blush that I am having from the sudden gesture making the male chuckle lightly, and me pulling myself back together.

"Well, I haven't," I say in a much happier voice, and his eyes sparkle because his efforts wouldn't be put to waste. "Let's go inside my office, and I'll bring over some plates and forks. Do you want coffee?"

Luke follows me all the way to my little office which is just a small one, but just the right size for me since it's seldom for me to stay here anyway. Most of the time, I am with a client and so I spend more time in the small living room inside the shop. The room is coated with contemporary gray which is different from the all-white coat for the whole shop. And this place is mine, so it's basically full of small vintage mementos to adorn the space making it look like it's straight out of a classic magazine. Luke invades the room with his eyes as he hums for a response to my inquiry earlier, and he takes comfort in the small living space inside the office and I make us each a cup of java. While waiting for the machine to extract the espresso, I go out to the break room to grab some utensils and bring them back to my office.