𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

AS NIGHT TIME FELL over hogwarts, the four of them made their way over to hagrid's hut

AS NIGHT TIME FELL over hogwarts, the four of them made their way over to hagrid's hut. harry knocked on his door, hagrid opened it. hagrid wore an apron and oven mitts on both hands.

"hagrid!" said harry.

"oh, hello. sorry, don't wish to be rude, but i'm in no fit state to entertain today." hagrid said and began to close the door.

harlow stopped the door with her hand, "we know about the philosopher's stone!"

hagrid opens the door back up and looked at the four, "oh,"

the four followed hagrid into the hut, "we think snape's trying to steal it." harry said.

"you guys think snape is trying to steal it, i don't" said harlow.

"why don't you think it's him, it's so obvious." harry said.

"exactly, it's almost too obvious." harlow pointed out. "if he were trying to do something he wouldn't be so obvious about it."

"you're thinking too much into it harlow, it's not that complicated." harry argued.

"whatever," harlow rolled her eyes.

"it's definitely snape." said harry.

"snape? blimey, harry, you cant still be on about him." hagrid remarked.

"hagrid, we-" harlow shot harry a dirty look, "i know he's after the stone. i just don't know why." said harry.

"snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone! he's not about to steal it!" explained hagrid.

"what?" harry exclaimed.

"ha, told you so." harlow smirked at her older brother.

"you heard. right. come on, now, i'm a bit preoccupied today." said hagrid.

"wait a minute." harry said, "one of the teachers?"

"of course! there are other things defending the stone, aren't there? spells, enchantments." hermione concluded.

hagrid began to speak once again, "that's right. waste of bloody time, if you ask me. ain't no one gonna get past fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. except for me and dumbledore." hagrid's smile fell from his face in realization "shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that."

a cauldron over the fire begins to rattle. "oh!" hagrid claims and hurried over to it. "ooh! ooh! ooh! ooh!" he placed the item on the table, it was an egg.

"uh, hagrid, what exactly is that?" harry asked.

"that? it's a- its um-" hagrid stuttered.

"i know what that is!" exclaimed ron, "but hagrid, how did you get one?"

"i won it. off a stranger i met down at a pub. seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact." told hagrid. the egg started to shake and a piece of the shell chipped off, after that another piece chipped off, then another, and another until all that was left was a small baby dragon.