chapter thirteen <3

I'll edit my chapters the day pigs fly

Cameron's POV

I waited a couple moments and crept back to the door. I wrapped my hand around the handle and lightly pulled it open.

I squeezed myself through the opening I made and my shoes met with the tile floor. I turned and closed the door behind me. I let out a light breath of air before walking to the hallway. My shoes tapped against the flooring as I tiptoed down the passageway.

I turned the corner and my eyes met with the one and only, Isaac, standing in front of me. He was still holding his glass of orange juice which I thought he had already finished earlier.

Shit.

I froze and my shoulders tensed up to my neck.

"Cameron?" He squinted at me and gave a questionable look.

"H-hi Isaac," I clenched my teeth.

"I'm surprised I'm not the only one awake," He scratched at the back of his head.

He hasn't said anything about the outfit...

Maybe this'll be okay?

"I stay up late almost every night," I replied shakily. It wasn't a lie. I almost never went to bed on time.

"Wait a second," He raised his eyebrows and scanned my body. I gulped hard.

"You weren't wearing that earlier today," He furrowed his eyebrows, "Why the sudden change late at night?"

"I just was bored and wanted to dress up and walk around because I felt pretty," I answered quickly.

"Did you go out?" He widened his eyes and disregarded my lie.

"What?" I shot him a weird look, "No, I literally just told you what I did."

"I'm onto you Cameron don't even try that," He crossed his arms, "Now tell me where you went!" He said excitedly.

"Isaac I was in the house. I went to this magical place called our kitchen," I explained.

"I would've crossed paths with you if you were in the kitchen," He replied quickly.

Damn it Isaac, it's four in the morning why do you have to still be aware of how life works.

"I stopped in the bathroom first, so you must've just walked by," I lied.

"I'll believe you for now but that's only because I'm tired and I wanna go to bed," He yawned.

"Night, Isaac," I laughed.

"You don't seem tired enough to have gone out anyways," He added as he turned away and walked up the stairs.

That was close.

I followed behind up the stairway. Once I got to the top, I made a left and entered the door to my room. I shut the door behind me and turned the lock. I walked over to my nightstand and set down my phone.

I staggered my way to my closet where I undressed and changed into an oversized t-shirt. I didn't bother to put on anything underneath, so I stayed in my shirt and panties.

I exited the closet and fumbled into the bathroom where I removed my makeup with a makeup wipe. Afterwards, I gently applied a facial cleanser and rubbed it into my skin before splashing my face with cold water. I patted my face dry with a hand towel and went back into my normal room.

I sprinted over to my bed and jumped on it, the mattress slightly springing me upwards as I did so. I layed on my stomach and my face buried into the arrangement of blankets. I fell asleep almost instantly.