chapter twenty-three <3

Author's Note:

I didn't edit

Didn't edit

Idnt edit

Dnt edit

Nt edit

T edit

Edit

Dit

It

T

Cameron's POV:

I woke up to the feeling of an embrace. I took a moment to enjoy being in Payton's arms before I opened my eyes.

I was laying on top of one of his arms while the other one stretched across me and his face nestled into my shoulder.

I used my index finger to lightly push back his hair that toppled onto his face. His grip on me tightened when I attempted to get up. I laughed lightly and tried my best not to move.

"No leaving," He mumbled into my arm.

"I'm still here aren't I?" I laughed and combed my fingers through his hair.

He didn't answer and just buried his face deeper into my shoulder. I reached over to the nightstand next to me and picked up my phone.

"Payton, it's 1 o'clock," I lightly shook him in an attempt to wake him up which was returned with an angry hum.

"Payton c'mon," I repeated.

"Whattt?" He whined.

"It's one PM. You need to wake up," I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because we slept in way too late- Why am I bothering to explain this to you. Get your lazy ass up Payton Jay," I cut myself off.

"Fineee," He mumbled and rolled away from me, rubbing his eyes and sitting up.

"Do you have some clothes I can borrow?" I asked as I made eye contact with my reflection. I was still wearing the same thing as yesterday.

"Yeah sure," He yawned and stood up from the bed.

He made his way over to a large closet door and came out with a T-shirt and sweatpants. He handed the clothes to me.

"Do you have a bathroom I can change in?" I asked.

"Yeah it's over there," He pointed to a door on the left-side wall, "But I can just leave the room if you want," He offered.

"No, that's okay. You can stay in here and I'll just change in the bathroom," I walked over to the door and opened it. I stepped inside and shut the door behind me, lightly twisting the lock.

The clothes barely fit my tiny frame, but they were surprisingly comfortable.

I took my phone out of my pocket and stared down at it as I walked back into the bedroom. I decided to turn off do not disturb and check all of the notifications that I missed. There were hundreds of missed calls and texts from all of my friends.

"Payton I have so many missed ca-" I looked up from my phone to see Payton removing his shirt and picking up another one that he had laid out on the bed.

He looked up at the sound of my voice and gave a small smile, "What's up, Cam?" He asked, engaged in what I was saying. It seemed as if he had no idea why I stopped my sentence.

"Erm...I have a bunch of missed calls..." I said awkwardly.

"From your friends?" He asked, putting the shirt down.