2

JAKE SULLIVAN:

"Ohh, why am I feeling like carrying tons on me?.... These two!! What?? Did we sleep in observatory last night??"

I have a lot of things to do. It's already late. I slowly put their heads off me and I started to volantly. There I was met by a person whom I should have not. It was the lead. He called me to the Board room. Oh gosh! I left out a sigh musing of all the mistakes I did. I followed him to the Board room. To my astonishment there were seated all the bigwigs of all department.

 "What on Assiduous is happening here!!" I pinched me to confirm that am I still dreaming or is it all real. Ironically this was really happening.  

I took a seat among them, but they were already in the middle of something. I didn't know what it was, I was trying my best to understand what was going on, I couldn't. So finally I raised my hands and asked "So, What are we discussing about sir?". All the eyes were on me.

 "Did I ask anything wrong or was it a wrong timing?" I asked myself. 

"We are at the final phase of our descend. We will be reaching Proxima B by 12 earth months. And we will be reaching the final jump point within 6.5 earth months. We need Mr. Sullivan as the lead to take care of the final phase of the warp drive." said the head of the physics department.

I was taken aback for a moment. Once again I pinched myself. IT WAS REAL!! I was overwhelmed with joy. But that was for a small moment because that's when I remembered about my plantation.

"What about my plantation?" I asked. "It will be taken care of by the seniors. Right now you are shifted from biology department to the physics department" he said. 

This was the moment when my happiness struck the top. Even though my major was biology, I had great interest in the beautiful subject physics. I was literally speechless. I didn't speak even a word and I just sat down for the meeting to get over.

**Time skip**

The meeting dispersed. I was waiting at one corner to meet the person who transferred me. That guy came to me " Are you waiting for someone?" he asked. "Ye-Yes sir, for you" I stuttered. 

"Sir sorry for asking this to you. Actually can I know why you took me into your department sir?"

 "Why aren't you happy for this?" he asked sarcastically.

 "I am absolutely happy sir. But I wanted to know why sir?"

"I was searching for a person who was determined to do this, and I came across your name and checked you wall. I was impressed by your points in physics. And take up your new job from tomorrow on time."he told and just he walked away.

I was in that state where my mind did not work even a bit. I was extremely happy and I wanted to share this with Eve. I didn't even have the patience to text her and wait for her to see it. I ran to her section. To my goodness I met her at the cafeteria also there was Coop. I ran to them.

EVELYN HARPER:

**A few minutes ago**

"Where am I? Oh wait, did I sleep here in the observatory. Oh my..." I saw the time it was already late. I checked for Jake. But he was not there. "Poor guy, must have went for his research again..." I commiserated. Suddenly a memory struck my mind, today was an off day for me. I sighed out of relief. "Today I will not reprimanded for being late." I told to myself. 

My stomach growled. I was starving from last night. Then I went to the cafeteria, I felt someone following. Someone touched my back. I turned with fright. "Oh, What the! You.... Coop. Why do you do this?" 

He burst out laughing mockingly. Then I pulled him to the cafeteria.

**Present**

I saw Jake running towards me, with a great joy. Idk what happened to him. I told Coop to turn around with my brows. Jake kept accelerating towards us. He came and sat beside Coop, he was panting and at the same time trying to tell something. I couldn't even make a letter out of his panting and talking.

"Jake! Either talk or pant, do one thing in a moment!" I scolded him.

He then took a moment and then he told that he got transferred from his biology department to physics department. I was awestruck for a moment, I got overjoyed for him. 

"Oh, wow, great job Jake!" I joyously replied him. I was able to talk only a little as I was out of words.

"The head told me to join the work right from tomorrow." he exclaimed. And he told that he was given the lead post. I was not on my feet after hearing this from him. I think I am the happiest person at the moment on Assiduous for him. 

I then gave him a feast for his new start. We then left the cafeteria and went to the observatory again. Coop didn't join us as it was time for his turn at work. Jake started blabbering about things like warp drive, etc.... I patiently gave my hear to him as I didn't want to spoil his happy mind.

 I patiently gave my hear to him as I didn't want to spoil his happy mind

___________________________________________________