➸work

Summary: Apparently people tend to live longer if their partners kiss them before work

“You know,” Kokichi starts, his eyes tearing from the screen that sat in front of him to you, who was resting on the couch

“You know,” Kokichi starts, his eyes tearing from the screen that sat in front of him to you, who was resting on the couch. “Right here, it says that people live longer if their partners kiss them before you go to work. Did you know that~?”

You don't look up from where you're tapping at you phone screen- whether you're playing a game, scrolling through it, or talking to one of the members, he doesn’t know. Your legs are tucked underneath you as you sit, your [hair colour] hair gleaming underneath the light. You looked so peaceful, but you're ignoring him so he’ll have to break that beautiful stillness you were wrapped in.

“[Nickname]~,” He begins again and this time he’s standing up from his computer chair, sauntering over to the couch instead. Still, he doesn’t get a response, so he pouts and plops down beside you. Still, no response. “Ugh!” He falls against your shoulder, tipping you over and causing you to yelp as you fell to your side, him falling atop you. “Pay attention to me~!” He says again, and finally, finally you're listening to him.

You let out a sigh, but from the smile on your face he doesn’t think you're as upset as you're trying to sound. “Yes, Kichi?” you say in that lovely voice of yours and all is forgiven, he could never stay mad at you even if he’d truly been upset. “You were saying something?”

He cleared his throat, pulling together a look of disdain. It was clearly fake, and you knew it too. “Yes, I was in fact saying something! And you had the audacity to ignore me, the supreme leader of a very powerful secret organization!” He offers a huff, watching your eyes light up as he spoke. He sits up first, and soon you follows, leaning against him. He, however, crosses his arms, refusing to give into your inviting warmth. You settled for snuggling against his arm, a possible apology for ignoring him. “Now I’m not sure I should repeat myself,” He says in defiance.

You're pouting at him, your intense eyes boring into him. He watches the flicker of amusement, and he just knows you're going to play along with him. Maybe that’s what made him fall in love with you in the first place. Or, maybe it was how kind you were. Maybe it was the captivating look of your eyes, or the way your smile lit an entire room. Or maybe-

“Oh, Almighty Supreme Leader, I’m so sorry for my impertinence; I promise you it won’t happen again.”

-it was the melodic lilt to your voice that made his heart stammer and his smile grow. Of course, that had to be it.

He gave a begrudging sigh after you spoke, but a mischievous smile curled onto his face. “I suppose I can repeat myself, just this once.” You were about to proclaim thanks in that teasing tone of yours, but he silences you by continuing first. “I was trying to tell you that I just read something that said, and I quote directly, that people live longer when their partners give them a kiss before work.” He tells you in a matter-of-factly tone, this time turning to wrap you in his arms. You lean back against his chest, and Kokichi is inwardly pleased at how your phone has been long forgotten.

“A kiss before work, hmm?” However, that teasing tone is still there. “But, my King, you work from home lately.” You tells him.

Kokichi pouts at this, his chin resting on your shoulder. “That doesn’t mean you can’t give me a kiss! In fact, I think I’m entitled to more kisses because I never really leave work, and do you realize how troubling that is for me?” However, you smile gracefully and he finds it hard to keep his pout. Every expression you make just lights him up, and he thanks God every time that he’s finally, finally, been allowed to be content in life.

“Oh, I imagine it’s so hard for you.” You chuckled, and he can’t help that he’s pulling you closer to himself. “I suppose, if you are having that much trouble, I can give you more kisses than I already do.”

“And how many more is that~?” He grins at you and you peer up at him from underneath your hair. “I’m a greedy, y'know? And once I have one I tend to want more. Especially when it’s of you~!”

You laughed lightly and he loses himself in the sound. He loses himself in you constantly, and he has never been happier in his life. “I suppose we’ll have to see where it goes,” You laugh again, patting his head lightly. He takes this as a hint, a go ahead, and he shifts so he can lean in for a kiss from his beloved partner. However, the next thing he knows, you had your hand in his face and you're laughing once again. “Ah-ah-ah~! When you’re working!”

He gives a groan, falling back on the couch and pulling you with him. “You're so mean! Denying me kisses is like denying me air to breathe! I’ll die without it!” You're laughing even harder, shifting in his arms and pulling back so you can lean against his chest and look at his face. You placed your hands on his chest and you hovers above him, your hair curtaining around his face. He feels his heart stammering in his chest, but the both of them are grinning madly.

“Well, I suppose if it’s that vital, I can’t deny you of it,” You grinned and leaned down, pressing your lips to his. It’s not their first kiss, of course not, they are dating, but the way he blushes, his hands fumble, and his heart pounds it’s as if it were. He slowly loops his arms around your shoulders and you lower yourself back down so you are chest to chest. He knows, somewhere in the back of his mind, that he needs to get back to work, but the slow movement of your lips draw him back to the present.