➸sleepy

Summary: It was 4:30 AM

Summary: It was 4:30 AM. 4:30 in the morning on your day off, and Kokichi thought it was okay to blow up your phone with texts and calls.

 4:30 in the morning on your day off, and Kokichi thought it was okay to blow up your phone with texts and calls

Buzz

You feel your phone vibrate once against your gut. There’s an earbud from a headphone tangled around your wrist and you’re pretty sure that the other is still lodged somewhere in your ear. Still, you ignore everything, too lost the sweet, sweet embrace of your sheets. Sleep is good– no sleep is wonderful. You’ve been deprived of rest for far too long, distracted by trivial things like work and responsibility.

Your phone, however, doesn’t seem to care that this is your day off. It rumbles violently and repeatedly, leading you to groan into your pillow. You prop yourself up on your elbows and notice a wet feeling at the corner of your lips.

God, you drooled. You’d slept so hard that you’d actually drooled, and now your phone was trying to ruin what little “bed-time” you had left. You lift the screen, flinching when it lights up on its own. Your jaw instinctively clenches when you see the time, but that’s nothing compared to the pure rage that passes over you when you notice the cause of your interrupted dream.

It was 4:30 AM. 4:30 in the morning on your day off, and Kokichi thought it was okay to blow up your phone with texts and calls. You debated turning it off, pretending you hadn’t seen anything– but then he calls again.  You pick up.

“What the hell do you want?”

“Well, good morning to you too, sleepyhead! How’d you sleep?” He was too awake, too bubbly for the absurd hour of the morning.

You drop the call. He calls back within twenty seconds.

“No need to be rude.”

“I swear I’m going to murder you, you grape bitch.” Endearing nicknames aside, you really meant those words. You were going to find the 'Ultimate Supreme Leader' and kill him in the most gruesome way possible. DICE be damned, you deserved some peace.

“Okay, okay! Just open your window. I’ve been sitting here for, like, half an hour.” He must hear the stream of curses you mutter under your breath because he follows up the request with a drawn-out “Please~?”

Against your better judgment, you crawl out of the warmth of your bed, slowly and deliberately making your way over to the only window in the bedroom– the one that leads out to the fire escape. Sure enough, when you pull back the blackout curtains, there’s Kokichi, grinning wide behind the sheet of glass.  

You blink slowly, making no move to undo the lock. He presses both of his palms to the glass, pushing out his bottom lip in a show of mock sadness, and you find it hard to keep the corners of your lips pointed downward. You’re supposed to be mad– right. God, this moron. You click the lock open and pull the window until it twists off one side of the frame. The cool air drifts in, and you shiver.

“I couldn’t sleep anymore and I missed you.”

“Do you have any idea what time it is?”

“Yeah, but the early bird catches the worm, so~”  

You go to shut the window right in Kokichi's face, but he pushes back on the glass and crawls his way into your apartment. He has a little bit of trouble getting his left leg through the frame, but manages to maneuver his way in after a little bit of fiddling.

“Come on, [Nickname].” He pouts, reaching out to curl his arms around you. You swat away his hands.

“I’m tired. I just wanna sleep some more, and now you’re not gonna let me.”

“Well, you wouldn’t be so tired if you weren’t such a night owl.” You smack him right in the shoulder, and he holds up his arms in a show of surrender. “Okay, I’m sorry! But I can’t help the fact that I’m an early riser. You’re awake now, so let’s go watch the sunrise together.” From the look on his face, you’d guess that he means it when he apologizes. But then again, it is him.

“It’s cold outside.”

“Put on a jacket.” The words are playful, but Kokichi's expression softens into something you rarely see– less of the talkative boyfriend you love, more of the exhausted leader you know he tries to hide. “Please. Let me have this.” And at that moment, you can’t stay annoyed.

Well, you can, but you’re okay with pretending you’re not for his sake. He needs you right now. This is your opportunity to be there for him. You sigh, turning and walking over to your closet and grabbed the first hoodie you find, throwing it on over your pajama top.

“Let’s do this.”  

Kokichi grins toothily, grabbing the drawstrings of your jacket and pulling so that the hood scrunches up on your face. Before you can protest, he readjusts his grip on the strings so that he’s got much better control of them– so that when he pulls, you have to take a step closer. He rubs his nose again yours, his breath warming your cheeks and lips. When he leans back, he laughs at your face, only a small part visible through the circle of your hood. You pout, and he presses a light kiss onto your lips.

“Let's go!"

You give a little salute to the male, a smile slowly forming on your lips. Yup, you’re definitely awake now. Deep down, you know it’s very likely that this won’t be Kokichi's last early-morning visit. Even so, you know that as much as you like to complain, you don’t mind giving up some sleep for little moments like these.