the task

"alright." i finally said, "i think we should talk." i told her.
she looked at me wearily, then said, "yes, of course."
i was so scared. lucky for me, my parents and the dark lord weren't here today. they were visiting the ministry.
"i-you know i'm a death eater," she nodded, "and lord voldemort wants me to bring you to him." i explained softly.
i felt horrible. her face lost its color and her jaw fell.
"what?" she choked out, "you brought me here so you could bring me to voldemort?" she screamed. i shushed her and ran over to me. i tried to hug her and she flinched so hard.
"y/n, you don't understand. i'm trying to save you i would never give you to volde-"
"well, hello y/n y/l/n." a booming voice greeted behind me. shit way to go.
"young draco," he started as i turned around, "good job. you've completed your first task." he sneered with a nasty smile.
i didn't dare look back at y/n.
"y/n, please step forward." he said gently.
she didn't budge.
"y/n. step forward, now." he demanded a little louder.
she stayed still.
"maybe a little bit of the crutiatus curse will knock some sense into you, hm?" he asked, snickering. i finally turned around to see y/n shaking. she'd always had bad anxiety. i think she was having a panic attack.
"y/n. breathe. and come on, i'll come with you, i promise." i whispered softly. she hesitated, but took a step toward the door.
"good girl." the dark lord snarled.
"if you hurt her-" i started.
"i'm not going to hurt her!" he boomed, "yet." he said with a nasty smirk.

y/n's pov
i'm so scared.
what does he want with me?
i have nothing he wants.

dracos pov
we walked down to his office, the same office i got my dark mark in.
"Now," the dark lord started, "draco. i need you to do a task for me. or your little girlfriend here will be tortured by your aunt, bellatrix." he grinned.
"what is the task?" i asked sternly.
"i need you to mend the vanishing cabinet."
easy. i can do that within a week.
"okay." i answered.
"then, you're going to let my death eaters into hogwarts." he snarled.
what?
"then, finally," he retorted, "you're going to kill albus." he stated firmly.
NO.
but i can't let y/n get hurt..
"but-," i started, but i know there's no use in trying, "yes, my lord." i said, defeated. i glanced over to y/n who seemed to be having a panic attack. i jumped over to her and took her out of voldemort's grasp. "she's-she's freaking out! cant you see?!" i screamed. he scowled and let her go. i grabbed her and held her like she were a baby. i darted up to my room and laid her on the bed. i think she's having a panic attack. i shushed her and held her close to my chest as if she were my most prized possession.

and she was.