30 - They Were Pink

June 10th

We sat in the compartment on the way home, watching as we pulled out of Hogsmeade station. "I'm going to miss this," I smiled sadly.

"So am I," Harry said.

"I'm going to miss all of you," Ginny said, giving me a hug as she sat next to me.

"We've still got Fleur and Bill's wedding," Hermione smiled.

"You're helping me pick out a dress Caroline, no exceptions. Lucky you, having to deal with me all summer," Ginny laughed.

"I'm excited to spend the summer at the burrow," I smiled.

"Mum's excited to have you for sure, she couldn't stop writing about it in her letters," Ron exclaimed, looking out the window as we passed forests and plains.

Four hours later we arrived at platform 9 3/4.

For some reason I'd expected Dad to be waiting for me, there to give me a big welcome home hug.

My heart died a little when I remembered.

We unloaded our luggage, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley conversing with Hermione's parents.

"Welcome back," they all hugged each other.

"And welcome back to you, dear," Mrs. Weasley pulled me into a tight, motherly hug.

"Thank you for letting me stay with you all," I smiled.

"Of course dear, Fred and George were delighted to hear the news," she exclaimed.

We walked off the platform, Lorelei in her carrier on top of my luggage.

That's when it hit me. Who would take care of her? Where would she go? That's when I got an idea.

I spotted Narcissa, not completely sure as to why she was here. She was staring at me.

"Let's go," Mr. Weasley exclaimed.

"Wait, I trust her," I said, walking over to her with the carrier.

"You must be Miss Bellegreen," she gave me a soft smile. Her voice was kind.

"I am, Draco has spoken very highly of you," I smiled back.

"I want to apologize for what we've put you through, I'm doing as much as I can,"

"Don't worry about it, although, may I ask a favor?" I asked, my feet shuffling a bit beneath me.

"Could you take my cat to Draco? Maybe he could take care of her while I'm gone," I asked.

"I see, you've got a plan in mind. Of course," she took the carrier from me.

She seemed to look at me sadly.

"You look just like your Mother," she smiled, her eyes glossy. All I could do was nod. Did she know her?

"Well, thank you for taking her to Draco for me," I smiled shyly.

"I'm sure he'd be happy to help in any way possible," she nodded, and as she walked away, I noticed she wiped a tear from her cheek.

"What're you doing, giving away your cat like that?" Ron shrieked at me.

"She knew my Mother," I exhaled, my mind still stuck in surprise.

"Come on, let's just go," Ginny said, as I got into the car to sit down next to her. We began to drive away, and I wondered if I had made the right decision. I'd slipped a list of her favorite food and treats into the pocket, along with a few toys and her leash. Draco would take care of her, I just knew it.

We arrived at the burrow, Fred, George and Bill greeting us at the door. We exchanged hugs, then Ginny and I ran to her room. There was only one floor now, but it was just as homey as before. We sat and read magazines on her bed until Mrs. Weasley called for dinner.

We all sat down for a delicious meal, talking about gossip, the daily prophet, other topics. When sunset fell, I couldn't help but let my mind wander off.

Draco was watching this sunset somewhere. No matter how long we'd stay apart, I knew we would always think of each other at each sunset. And for now, that would have to be enough.

"I have an idea," I said suddenly.

"What is it, dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

I whispered something into her ear.

"Why, that would be just lovely," she applauded, telling everyone to stand up and follow me outside.

I hadn't used my powers since that night, and for a period of time I was certain I never wanted to use them again, but I'd changed my mind.

I sat down in the dirt in front of the house, letting my mind focus as the sound of chirping birds filled my ears. I began to form a garden of roses in front of the house, letting the buds bloom as soft sunlight hit them gently.

When I opened my eyes, the roses were different. They weren't white, as I'd expected.

They were pink.

As pink as the sunsets Draco and I would watch together every night. As pink as how his cheeks would flush in the cold winter. As pink as the lip gloss I wore on the first day we'd met.

They were pink.

We returned to bed, the house going silent as the Weasley's slept, but my eyes remained open as I stared up at the ceiling.

Just thinking about that stupid boy.

The stupid boy I'd fell in love with.

Because despite everything, in the silences, I still think of him.

----

Y'all why was this book so short chile- anyways so thank you so so so much for reading eeeek. Don't forget to star each chapter if you enjoyed it! Book four is the longest as it includes both deathly hallows movies in full detail along with my storyline, so expect a TON of chapters. I'll probably start writing it tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the support, I love you all so much! Despite how short this book was, I hope you enjoyed it. I'll update again when book 4 chapter 1 is published.

- Callie :)