04 | 8:54 a.m.

the bishop pt

the bishop pt. 2

****

*Mature content ahead*

HER BROTHER WAS an idiot.

Yasmin didn't know how else she should describe Fabian. And because he was consistently irresponsible, she was always busy fixing his messes. Including the one where he fucked her roommate.

It's not like she hated Lilith per se. She just felt uncomfortable around her, and she didn't know her well enough to make a clear judgement.

Before her brother started seeing Lilith, Yasmin never bothered to converse with her roommate. The few times they ever spoke were about Fabian—Lilith at least had the decency to inform her about it—or assignments in the one class they shared together.

Yasmin wasn't put off by their relationship. She just wished her brother's mistake wouldn't lead to her losing her scholarship. Though the administration knew Fabian was her brother, Yasmin purposely kept quiet about their ties. The question was, how did Lilith find out Yasmin and Fabian are siblings?

The more Yasmin thought about it, the less it made sense. The Norden family was influential, for sure, but they had no money from what Yasmin gathered. So they might've been able to bribe one of the administrators, but it seemed unlikely given how even their reputation was being dragged on the news as of late.

Lilith was calculating. There was no way she would've put her family's name on the line like that for trivial information.

There had to be an insider.

But who?

It was like any other day and about three weeks before Yasmin found Lilith's dead body in their dorm. The two girls were getting ready for class, and Yasmin had just finished fastening the buttons on her shirt.

The mood didn't necessarily seem tense between them, but Yasmin could feel the air buzzing. With excitement or suspense? She wasn't sure; she never was when it came to the only child of the Norden family.

"Say, Yasmin," Lilith began, her voice soft but still clear. "What do you think is a good birthday present for Fabian?"

Yasmin let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Of course, it would be about her brother. It seemed silly she was worrying that Lilith would talk about something otherwise that would knock Yasmin off her feet.

"My brother is a simple guy," Yasmin chuckled, pulling her arms through the wool jacket with practiced ease. Standing in front of the standing full-length mirror, she fixed the positioning of her skirt. "He'll like anything you get him."

"Hmm, I suppose you're right," Lilith suddenly came up behind Yasmin and hugged her backside—her hands splaying over Yasmin's stomach.

Yasmin flinched at the contact and sight of Lilith's eyes meeting with hers in the mirror. Pushing her hair to one side so she could place her chin on Yasmin's shoulder, Lilith gave an indescribable smile to the shocked girl.