Chapter 3: Dark Dream

I lay in my bed and I wake up to a feeling of warmth beside me. I open my eyes frightened by the body beside me. Cameron was laying in my bed sleeping and I shoved him off. He got up and started to get back in the bed. I loudly whispered to him saying "What the hell are you doing?"
He looked confused and just said "You asked me too."
I remembered just then that I had a really bad dream about James. I went into my brothers room to talk to Dillon but he was sleeping and Cameron was awake looking at his phone. I started to walk back out but I heard him say "What's wrong?"
I just told him I had a bad dream and I remember he told me he was going to come in my room and protect me. He was just trying to keep me safe. I didn't want to tell mom about the whole thing because I know I would have to go back to a counselor and therapist. Plus I would have to take medication. I just needed someone to comfort me and it was going to be fine.
So I just sat up in my bed and told him he could go back into my brothers room. He then started to lay back in my bed and whispered in my ear "I told you I was going to protect you and now I have to keep my word."
I trusted him now, I lied back down and started to doze off. I felt Cameron's warmth and I felt comforted. I felt SAFE.
*******
Morning came and I woke up at 6:20. Cameron was gone and I could see an imprint in my bed from him laying there. I was kinda upset that he was gone. I missed his warmth and his comforting words. We promised that we wouldn't bring it up to my brother or mother. So I got up from my comfy bed and started getting ready for school. I decided I was going to get dressed first and what I put on was this really cute high waisted shorts. They were a ombré color that went from white to blue. Then the shirt was a loose flowing crop top that was just a deep ocean blue color that had an infinity sign on it. I put on my Alex and Ani bracelet. It had a heart charm on it and an infinity sign. I had a pair of white high top converse in my room that I didn't wear yet and I chose to wear those. My outfit was complete now. I walked across the hall to the bathroom. On my way there I peeked through my brothers bedroom door. I saw Cameron without his shirt on and he had a perfect tan body and he had abs. He put on a shirt and I just smiled and turned back towards the bathroom. I got into the bathroom and I washed my face and I put on my makeup. I fixed my hair and decided to straighten it.
After I walked out of the bathroom and I saw my brother and Cameron come out of the room. Cameron smirked at me and just said "You look nice."
I said back to him "Not quite bad yourself."
My brother just laughed and started walking down the stairs. Cameron followed him and I ran into my room to grab my phone.
3 new messages
They read: I still love you
Answer me please
I will find you
They were all from James. I started to get the feeling that I was going to throw up again. I just put my phone into my back pocket and tried to forget what he said. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and my mom was smiling. She doesn't usually smile like this. I interrupted the conversation and said "What's for breakfast?"
My mom put a plate of eggs and bacon on the counter for me. I sat down and ate every last bit of it.
After I ate the food, I grabbed my phone out I my pocket and read the time 7:35. I went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth and on the way up the stairs I could feel someone grab my arm. Cameron reminded me that he was going to protect me. I felt like smiling because I never have had this feeling for a boy like this. With James I felt like I was forced to love him. With Cameron I'm just going to fall for him. He made me feel different for sure. I told him that I needed to go to the bathroom, I will be down in a minute.
He let go of my arm and just smiled and walked back downstairs and looked up at me with kind eyes. He then just walked back into the kitchen. I started back up the stairs and couldn't stop myself from smiling, it was uncontrollable.
*******
I finished in the bathroom and started walking back down the long spiral staircase. A vision of the dream flashed in my head. It was getting bad to like I couldn't stop it. When I thought of Cameron it would go away for a certain amount of time but it would come back. I would picture James holding me down and hitting me and telling me if I wouldn't listen he would kick me and hit me. Once in awhile I would fight back and he would smack me across the face. It's almost like I could feel his bitter hands touching my skin.
While I was standing in front of the door my brother yelled and said "We are going to be late for the bus if you don't move!"
I returned back to the real world and opened the door. It was beautiful out, there was a nice breeze. We started walking to the bus stop. It would take 5 minutes to walk there. I walked down the sidewalk and I felt someone rub against my shoulder. I thought it was Cameron but it was Nash. Nash was my best friend and he is like my brother. I can tell him anything, we love each other. Nash walked beside me and asked who the boy was.
I just told him he was one of my brothers friends. Cameron was behind me and I looked at him and he was kinda frowning. Nash wrapped his arm around me and said "How have you been?"
With his accent I laughed cause he has a southern accent that's so cute. I just told him that I was fine and I haven't had any bad dreams. I lied because I didn't want him to get worried and tell my protective brother and mother. He does care but he can't keep those things a secret.
We stood at the bus stop and I had a flash of the dream. When Nash brushed up against me I pictured James touching my body and him holding me down. I jumped away from Nash scared to death. Nash, Cameron, and Dillon looked at me like I was crazy. I told them I saw a bee and that I didn't want to get stung cause I was allergic. My brother knew that was a lie so he will be asking me later what that was about.
The bus came and when I got on the bus I took an empty seat and right after me, Nash sat right beside me. He intertwined our fingers and told me that everything was going to be okay. I felt comforted and I rested my head on Nash's shoulder. Cameron glared and I saw his fist clench. Does Cameron like me?