Chapter 4: Confused

I sat in math class staring off in space. It was almost second semester and I just couldn't wait until the end of the year. I was a sophomore and I just wanted to be a senior like my brother. Cameron is a senior to, and I feel like I shouldn't be falling for him.
Nash nudged me and said "Mrs. Rosanna is asking you a question."
I looked at the class and I everybody was looking at me. Everybody was on the verge of laughing. I told her to repeat the question.
"What is 40% of a half?"
Math has been a terrible subject for me I couldn't even add until I was in 3rd grade. I know this was a easy question but I truthfully don't know. I just sat there and mumbled "I don't know."
She then asked Asia the class pet and she even explained. I just want to be home schooled. Nash squeezed my hand and whispered to me "It's alright, I suck at math too."
Nash always makes me feel better and sometimes I pretend he's more than my best friend. I have always had a massive crush on Nash but now that Cameron's here it's a different type of crush. Anyway Nash doesn't like me like that. That crush I had on him went away like during freshmen year.
****
I walked into the cafeteria and I got in line to get my lunch. I felt a hand touch my back and it was Cameron. He smirked at me and walked away. I got the chills and my face hurt from smiling so much. I didn't understand how I would have a chance with that perfect guy with a perfect toned body. Like I would have no chance. I walked by the table he was sitting at and he kept his eyes locked on me.
I sat at a random table no one was sitting at. I looked over at where Cameron was sitting and a random girl was sitting on his lap. It did make me a little jealous. Cameron saw me and he made the girl get up and sit in a chair. He looked back at me and mouthed "happy now."
I just smiled back at him. I saw Nash walk by him and he was heading towards me. Cameron's fist started to clench up again. I mouthed to him saying "It's alright."
I don't know if he understood me but he turned back to his friends. Nash came up beside me and pulled up a chair and said "what was that about?"
I just said "Oh nothing."
Nash glared at Cameron and ripped open the bag of chips. He seemed kinda angry and upset. I didn't say anything I him because I just don't bug people when they are in a bad mood.
****
School was over and I was happy that I could finally go home. I waited outside the school for my brother like I usually do. He walked out of the doors with Cameron and they were coming towards me. Dillon said he was going to hang out with this jock. Maybe that would be one of his steps to becoming popular. I said it was alright that I can just walk home alone. Cameron but in and said that he could walk me home. My brother told him just make sure you come to Josh's house after. I was wondering who they were talking about but I decided I wasn't going to ask any questions.
Cameron and I started walking and he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I asked him "Why are you hanging out with me, I'm just a sophomore."
He just said "Yea but your different and I'm starting to have feelings for you."
It was only the second day since Cameron and I have met but it seems like we have known each other forever.
A minute later I get a text from Nash and he asks if he can come over to my house. I say yes and tell him to be there in a hour. Cameron saw the text and let go of my hand. He said to me "Nash really likes you, I can see it!"
I explained to him that we are best friends. He still didn't believe that he didn't like me. I didn't want to fight about this so I just changed the conversation. I asked him "Are you excited for college?"
Cameron didn't say anything, he stared at the ground. He said he doesn't want to go to college. It seemed kind of crazy that he didn't want to go.
****
We got to the house and we stood in front of the door. I thanked him for walking me home. Cameron said "Make sure that Nash kid doesn't do anything."
I just laughed and said "ok."
He leaned into me and I could feel his hot breath and I started leaning I could feel is getting closer and closer to each other and I heard Nash say "Hey, what's up?"
Cam stood there and said "I will see you later."
I smile and nod. He walks away and waves. I wave back at him. I watch him disappear around the block. Nash walks up to me and says "We need to talk!"
I say "ok, let's talk,"