Drowning

Chapter Two

We did it.

We finally did it.

We finally watched a movie.

Yippee!

We watched Aladdin... I really do prefer the animation version however. But the genie entrance was cool.

I drank rose falooda today... It was the yummiest but I was shocked to hear that my younger brother didn't enjoy it. He ended up using my food strainer to get the falooda out. I shook my head in disappointment.

When they left, I felt so relieved.

Tomorrow will either be a bad or a happy day.

Sigh.

I had plenty of spare time aftet completing my assignments and was just browsing through the internet when I saw a very interesting article.

THE GIRL WHO DROWNED IN DESPAIR

Wow, and here I thought I was unoriginal.

Reportedly, around today at 11pm, a young girl was found dead in her parents house.

"The bathtub was filled with water and the entire bathroom was lit with candles. The scent of vanilla was so strong, her body may have not been found till the next morning." Her auntie said who stayed over for a few days.

Her dog, Ruppert was the one who noticed something and made sounds which alerted her parents to get up and rushed to their daughter's bedroom and saw the room empty, but the carpet was drenched.

"Hmm..." I hummed as I skipped a few paragraphs.

The police found a suicide letter on her bed.

An image of the suicide letter popped up but hardly readable because of her messy handwriting.

I attempted to die before. On 10th August. Sia and my mum might remember me being all wet and cold even though the day was hot.

I was vomiting bath water all day long.

I have a lot of regrets. These past few days I was thinking about those.

How I wished I finished my education.

How I wished I had worked harder.

How I wished I wasn't clueless.

How I wished I was a better friend.

I regret everything wrong that happened in my life. Some were a choice, some were not.

The world is moving so fast and I'm still standing exactly at the same spot.

I have a lot to say to everyone but I guess I want to make one last regret in my life.

Ria, you asked me a questions based on the movie The Sky is Pink...

The sky colour to me is white. Because very vividly, I remember the sky was a reflection of the earth.

And it was so beautiful that it made me engrave that memory into my soul.

Bye.

And I'm sorry.

My throat felt heavy for a second.

She obviously wanted to say something but she didn't.

...That movie, "The Sky is Pink" was such a sad and lovely movie. I couldn't believe the movie was actually based on a true story.

I frowned.

It is quite sad to read these stories or hear them. And I can't even imagine how did that individual felt at the moment.

It reminds me of a time when I was young, around eight I think. My family were really close to a neighbour family. In a way, I spent my childhood around them.

But all of a sudden, I didn't see or met them for months and they suddenly changed houses.

After years of ignorance, my mother brought up the topic and said the reason why they moved away, .

It was because the eldest daughter got pregnant during high school.

And they went abroad for three to four months and got her an abortion.

I was shocked at first because it never occurred to me that other people lives are going through so much, that our lives seem to be less important than theirs.

And remembering how pretty she was also reminded me how jealous I wasnof her beauty.

Sigh. What an ugly thing to be jealous of.

I just wish I wasn't clueless, that I was more sympathetic and understood that the world didn't revolve around me.

I guess the saying is true.

"If ignorance is bliss, then why do we seek knowledge."