Chapter 15

Marinette's POV

Adrien and I walked back to my house soon after we had our conversation and called the police to inform them of the abuse. The police said that they would go to my address to check it out. The high from hearing about Adrien's feelings for me had faded and was replaced with the anxiety of facing my parents. Adrien squeezed my hand in support. I took a deep breath and continued onward. We reached the front steps, and I couldn't see my parent's car. I was confused at first since they were usually home at this time, but didn't think much of it. I walked to the front door which Adrien opened for me. I walked in, and was swiftly grabbed around the waist. Adrien jumped at me to help, but was pushed roughly to the pavement. 

"Adri—" I began to yell but stopped short when a cold, metal blade was pressed to my forearm. 

"Hello, sweetheart," my mother whispered in my ear. A chill went down my spine. 

"Don't you dare hurt her," Adrien yelled from the other side of the glass door. He pounded his fists on the glass to no avail. 

The knife being held against my skin by my father was pressed into my skin. I hissed at the pain and the thick, hot blood that dripped down from my bicep. 

"You mean hurt her like this, boy?" Tom yelled while making eye contact with Adrien. "Or did you mean like this?" My father punched me in the gut as hard as he could muster. I curled forward at the blow, but my mother held me in place. 

"Let me in there!" Adrien screamed at the glass. 

I couldn't look at him right now. I was afraid it would hurt him more if I looked at him. This wasn't his fault. This wasn't my fault either. This was solely my evil parent's fault. 

My father punched me more and more as I grew numb. I could only hear Adrien yelling out. Then I heard another sound: police sirens. I was alert then, and it seemed my parents were too. I watched as the policemen went out of their car, and made their way toward the door. Adrien must have told them that my dad had a weapon because they pulled out their guns.

"Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng, let your daughter go and drop your weapon," the first police officer demanded. 

My parents seemed to pause. Through the reflection I saw them look at each other. They were silently asking each other what they were going to do. They came to a consensus when they looked back toward the police. 

In my ear, my mother whispered, "If we go down, then you're coming with us."

Without another moment of hesitation, my dad took the knife and stabbed me in the stomach. The world stopped spinning. A ringing erupted in my ears, and I fell to my knees. In the reflection, I saw my parents take the blade and stab themselves. 

The door was opened in a flash, and Adrien was at my side. I saw his beautiful green eyes filled with tears, and I felt my own eyes water at the sight. He was saying something to me, but I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. I finally saw that he was saying he loved me. I mouthed the phrase back to him before everything went dark.

This is short, but it's sweet (not sweet like Mari getting stabbed is good, but good like the content is good). Hope you enjoyed!