Chapter 8

Marinette's POV

It was the end of the school day, and I made my way to my locker. I packed up my things quickly before I went toward Adrien's locker. As I turned the corner, I heard a screeching laugh. I knew who it was and id behind the lockers again. In front of Adrien stood Chloe with her back facing me. She was about talking and touching him flirtatiously. I leaned forward slightly to try and hear what they were saying. 

"It's going to be huge. All of our family and friends will be there to celebrate. Are you excited, Adrikins?" Chloe asked excitedly. 

Adrien gave her a confused look and asked, "Chloe what the hell are you talking about?"

I could see her caked face smiling now as she explained, "Our wedding, of course."

My jaw hit the ground. Their wedding? I didn't know that was still happening? How could I have forgotten about what he learned in London?

Adrien kept a cool expression on his face. "Chloe, we're not getting married."

Chloe shrieked, "What do you mean?" I envisioned a pout on her face right at this moment.

Adrien shook his head at the blonde girl in front of him, "You, Chloe Bourgeois, are not marrying me, Adrien Agreste."

She sputtered, "B-but there was a press conference! It was announced on live TV! I was given a ring! Your father said--"

Adrien interjected to say, "I don't like you, Chloe. I like somebody else."

The mayor's daughter seemed to stiffen when she heard this news. She then deflated. I did the same thing in my own spot. The boy I had come to like liked somebody else. I bet she was a model. I bet they had been on photo shoot together and he asked her out to coffee. She's one lucky girl. 

In a tone unlike Chloe's normal tone, she whispered, "This is utterly ridiculous." 

She walked off dejectedly. Adrien's eyes followed her until she was out the door. He turned back toward his locker, and caught me looking at him. He straightened to his tallest height, like he was embarrassed to have been spied on. He relaxed again before coming toward me. I met him half way.

"You heard all of that?" He questioned once we were face to face. 

I nodded to him. He shrugged at my response, put his arm around my shoulder, and guided me out of school, and into the town car. We sat in quiet for half of the ride. 

"Marinette," Adrien broke the silence. I turned toward him, but he remained looking out of the window. "I would never marry somebody who put you through hell." 

He made eye contact with me through the reflection of the window. I smiled at him before returning my gaze to my own window.

I know this is a short chapter, but I went back and re-read the first book, and I realized I hadn't written about Chloe and Adrien. I was like, "Oh maybe I should tie up that problem before I dive into a different one." I hope you enjoyed this, and know that the next chapter is really juicy.