Chapter 6

Marinette's POV

A pounding in my head awoke me. I opened my eyes only to close them again; the room was way too bright. My throat was extremely dry even though I was well hydrated throughout yesterday. Why did I feel like shit? 

Some things started to come back to me. Adrien was stressed. I went to a party. Ayla acknowledged me. I was playing a game. I was laughing a lot. I got super sad and went up stairs. I broke down crying. I ranted about my hatred of Chloe and Lila and my parents. Then I told Adrien I love him. 

I grew bright red. I told Adrien I love him?! Holy crap. I...I am dead. How could I say something so monumental like that? I'm going to jump off of a bridge! 

The sound of somebody knocking on my door made me sit up. The quick motion made my stomach flip, so I sat down. "Come in," I moaned to the person outside of my door. 

Adrien walked in a moment later with a glass of water in one hand and his other hand balled in a fist. He made his way toward the bed and sat on the corner of it. I realized this was his room and I blushed even harder. First I admit my feelings for him and then I sleep in his bed. I have slept in his bed before, but that was before he knew I had feelings for him.

"Morning, party animal," he greeted with a chuckle. 

I smiled at him and tried to calm my racing heart. "Morning to you too." Could I sound any lamer? 

"Here, let's sit you up, so you can take Adrien Agreste's special-hangover-remedy-drink," he said. 

I laughed lightly at the ridiculous name. I started to sit up and Adrien put down the water to help me. As I sat up, I noticed that my dress was gone. I was now in a oversized shirt and booty shorts. A wave of embarrassment crashed over my entire body. Had Adrien and I...?

I timidly asked, "Um, Adrien, where is my dress?"

He started to laugh which made me grow even more nervous. He recovered from laughing to tell me, "You were complaining about the sequins scratching you, so you took your dress off when we got here. You then ransacked my drawers." He motioned toward one of his bureau; all of the clothes were messily thrown out of the opened drawers. "I went into your room after and grabbed you a pair of shorts. Those were the only ones I could find."

I let out a silent sigh of relief. 

I promised, "'ll fix that later."

He shook his head and said, "It's fine. I can fix it myself."

"Okay, then," I replied. 

We sat there for a moment in silence. It wasn't super awkward, but there was still a little bit of awkwardness. Was he worried about my confession? Was he being awkward because I pressured him with that information? 

"So," he and I said at the same exact time. 

"Go ahead," I ushered to him. 

He smiled. "So, for your hangover, I've got two Tylenol and a lemon-lime Gatorade."

He grabbed the sports drink and the two pills and handed them to me. I put one pill in my mouth, took a sip of Gatorade, and swallowed it. I did the same with the second pill. I chugged the rest of the drink. 

"What were you going to say, Marinette?" 

I froze. I was going to tell him I remembered what I said last night, and I hope it doesn't affect us. Once I thought about it, I probably shouldn't say that. Maybe I should act as if I don't know what happened after I went upstairs. 

"What happened after the game?" I asked even though I recalled all of the details. 

He shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I kind of went upstairs to call Natalie. You were with Alya most of the time. You were asleep when I got there."

He just lied to me. Why? Maybe he was weirded out by my confession. I probably had ruined our relationship. Or maybe he was trying to save me from the embarrassment of telling me that I confessed to him. 

"O-oh, okay," I said. 

I'm not going to lie, I was confused why he didn't tell me the truth. Then it hit me; he doesn't like me like that. He was keeping me from rejection. 

"Do you want to take a shower, Mari?" he pulled me out of my thoughts by saying. 

I shook my head. "I think I'm going to sleep a little longer. I still don't feel well."

"Okay," he began out of the room. "Yell if you need anything."

Once he left, I fell right back asleep. All I did was dream about him. 

I know this is a shorter chapter and there wasn't really any action, but I promise the next few are really good. I actually hate this chapter, but it's whatever. I have the next few chapters mapped out, so I'll upload this weekend. I have in person school this week, so I may not update my stories this week. Next week while I'm at home I'll update a lot.