09. A Bouquet In The Rain. [a]

Drip! Drip! Plop! Plop!

Abruptly, the phone begins to alarm in the sound of ripples and I screamed in frustration. "Ugh! Stop rippling!"

Drip! Drip! Plop! Plop!

Without moving my lazy posture from the bed with my eye closed, I uttered. "Mandy! Mandy shut your phone!"

Drip! Drip! Plop! Plop!

I dug my face between the pillow and folded the sides of the pillow beside my ears.

With irritation, I looked up and yelled. "Aaahhh! Mandy!"

When my eyes landed on her bed, it was vacant.

Drip! Drip! Plop! Plop!

I assume she went to the bathroom.

Not taking the trouble to open my eyes, my hand attempted to reach the night stand where the phone was alarming and I grabbed.

This was my phone. The entire time, my phone was alarming?

With dropping eyelids, I read.

Reminder!
"The birthday of Mandy on March 21!"

Oh, shit! Today's her b'day. Every year, I forget her birthday and this time, a reminder saved my life.

Swiping the reminder, I read 20 missed calls and 10 messages from Mandy.

"Answer your goddamn phone! Jack has the biggest surprise for me and I'm not coming any earlier than I thought ;)" -Mandy.

It's quarter past ten in the morning and she still hasn't been here. I suppose she's still with Jacksonville.

Were they planning on getting that cucumber out?

I jumped off the bed and squirted onto the bathroom for a quick shower.

Before she arrives, I must decorate our small house and have her birthday party.

After breakfast, I hastily proceed to buy birthday accessories.

I collected the balloons, ribbon, fringe curtain, candles, cakes, cupcakes and beverages. Soon, I returned to the Inn to decorate the room.

Lying on the couch, I whispered myself. "It's nearly over." And added in whimpering. "Ugh, I forget to fetch flowers. The thing she loves the most."

I visited the Florists.

I lovely discovered the wild, yet kind colorful petals drenched in grace.

The fragrance of the blossoms hit my nostrils. As I looked from the outside of a glass door, my gaze stopped at the easily recognizable facade near the counter.

Aresco?

Here comes the handsome trouble.

His long black fringe recklessly covered the forehead. The gray eyes appeared bittersweet and his pink lips has no trace of a smirk. He was wearing a black hoodie over the casual white T-shirt with denim on it. His hand held a bouquet of white flowers next to his chest.

Last night after dinner, I left him by himself because he crossed the line with his dirty arrogance.

While I was twisting the door knob, the doorbell that was attached to an outer door which gives a signal when pushed.

Tring! Tring!

The sound of the bell echoed, which helped him to capture my presence.

Our eyes crossed at the same time. As I passed by, I whispered. "Fresh white bouquet for a new girl?"

 "Fresh white bouquet for a new girl?"

*******

Knock on a vote, drop a comment and share with your friends.

Grazie!