So I must be dead

*(Y/N) POV* 

I followed Awsten to wherever he was taking me. I know shouldn't trust strangers like this, especially after what just happened, but I couldn't help myself. Awsten had a charm to him that could make anyone like him. Also, he's kinda cute. Not saying you should base your judgement on people based on how cute they are.

We ended up on the bus, which I thought was empty, but Geoff ended up being there on the phone. "I love you!" I hear Geoff say in a baby voice. I raise an eyebrow and look at Awsten. "Geoff has a kid. He obviously doesn't talk like that all the time." Awsten said. I said a quiet oh to tell him I understood. I sit down on the couch as Awsten searches for his charger. Once he finds it, he plugs it in to the wall and hands it to me. I connect my phone to the wire waiting for it to turn back on. Awsten then sits next to me and I have to fight the urge to lean into him. Despite him being a little loud, he's very comforting. Awsten looks at me and opens his mouth like he's about to say something but then we get distracted by my ringing phone.

"Hello?" I answer. "OH MY GOD I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" Is all I hear from the other line. "Sorry Jan. My phone died." I quickly explained to my roommate what had happened and she apologizes for not answering her phone sooner. I then told her I was safe, to ease anymore worry, and that I'll be back at our dorm soon. After we say our goodbyes, I hang up the phone and turn back to Awsten. "Sooo, who was that?" He asked. "My roommate Janice. She's cool." Awsten nods his head and quickly changes the subject. "Do you want me to walk you home?" Awsten asks. I shake my head, "No, campus is a pretty long walk from here. I'll just call an Uber." Awsten grabs the phone out of my hands. "Nuh-uh. I'll call you an Uber and I'll go with you. You had a rough night and I wanna make sure you get home safe." I blush at the thought of Awsten caring for me,  even though we just met. He calls the Uber, tells Geoff where he's going, and pulls me outside to look for the car.

After waiting about 5-10 minutes in the cold, the car finally pulls up. Awsten looks relieved as he doesn't even have a jacket on. He opens the door for me and closes it, then walks to the other side to get in. I was a little uncomfortable with the energy in the car. Awsten took notice of that and asked if it was alright to put his arm around me. I nodded my head yes and moved to the middle to be closer to Awsten. We stayed like this for a majority of the car ride. Him on one side, cuddling me as we both stared out the window looking at the lake. Once we got to my campus, Awsten thanked the driver and got out first. 

We walked the rest of the way to my dorm building and before I went in, I turned to look at him. "Well, I guess this is it. Thanks for sticking around through out the night." I said. Awsten smiled, "No problem. Here, let me give you my number. I know I'm touring and such, but if you ever feel unsafe call me and I'll do my best to answer." I give Awsten my phone and he puts his name and number in a contact slot. "Wait. Your name is spelled with a W?" I questioned. Awsten laughed, "Haha. Yeah, it's different but I like it." He said. We said our final good byes and I grabbed my student ID to go into the building. 

(So that was Chapter 2! Sorry it's a little shorter! Next Chapter will have Awsten's POV!) - Lulu