Your mama likes me

*Awsten's POV*

Geoff and Otto decided to go to Giordanos Pizza for deep dish. Apparently it's what you're supposed to eat in Chicago. (A/N I believe in Lou Malnatis supremacy) Life was good with some light laughter and chatter until I realized I haven't heard from (Y/N). I don't want to be clingy to her or anything but I want to know she's okay. I stare up to see Otto and Geoff looking at me before laughing. "What?" My simple question caused them to laugh harder. "Dude, you haven't been this whipped on a girl sinc-" "Shut up," I cut Otto off. I felt bad for being mean to Otto like that but I still didn't want to talk about my ex yet. I'm obviously over her but the situation still hurts. 

Our pizza came and of course I took a picture for twitter. I'll have to think of something cool to say later though. "So, how was the date?" Geoff asked innocently. I smiled thinking back on the amazing day I just had with (Y/N). "It was great actually. We walked around the city and I met her mom-" "YOU WHAT?!" They said in unison. "You two just met yesterday! How the HELL did you meet her mother already?!" Otto asked, well, more like exclaimed. "I dunno, she just happened to be where we were. It was a brief meeting." I explained to my friends. "So wait, are you guys actually dating?" I felt like I was being interrogated and I hated it. "Ugh, okay here's what you need to know. Yes, I met her mother. No, we're not dating.... I think. Look, I don't even think today was a date. Also, we made each other build-a-bears." Geoff and Otto looked at me as if they had nothing to say. After that, my phone went off.

(Y/N): Hey! Just made it back to campus! Hope everything is going good!

"Is it her?" Geoff asked. I nod my head looking back at my phone.

Me: Everything is good here! Say hi to Janice for me!

Otto, Geoff, and I continued our dinner. Them mainly asking questions about me and (Y/N).  Finally, the check came and we all split the bill before leaving for our hotel. On our walk home Otto pipes up, "Hey Awsten, I'm just wondering, how old is (Y/N)?" I thought about it for a second. "I dunno dude, college age." It was the best answer I could come up with because I seriously didn't know. The rest of the walk was silent and cold. Otto and Geoff were responsible and brought jackets with them on tour. Losers.

After what seemed like forever we made it into the warm hotel lobby, stole some free cookies, and headed back up to our rooms for the night. 

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I was chilling in my room doing some homework while playing music quietly in the background. Janice was out at a party and she's probably getting drunk or high off her ass. Quiet nights like these, where I'm by myself, were my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love going out and being with friends, but sometimes a girl needs a break. The serene vibes ended when my phone started blaring indicating I was getting a call from my mom. I answered it and put it on speaker. 

"Hi Honey! How are you!" I smiled at my moms cheeriness. She works a stressful job and most nights she comes home upset from some work-related drama. "Hi ma. I'm good. I'm just finishing up some homework." I replied. "Soo, who was this mysterious boy you were hanging out with? Is he a friend from school?" "Haha, no. He's a friend I met through another friend. As you know his name is Awsten." I tried to play it cool. I didn't want my mom to find out that I got hurt, ran into a strange venue and then decided to hangout with some rando I had met that night. "Oh, that's nice that you're making friends! Where does he go to school? His hair is very bright, he must be an art student." I gulped. "Uhh he doesn't go to school actually." "Oh." The tone in my moms voice fell. "So what does he do for a living?" she questioned. "He's a musician in a band..." It's completely silent on her end, "But! They're really good and they're already with a real label and everything! The band was in town to do a concert the other night." I explained. "Oh! Well then he must be super passionate about his work! Does he live in LA?" I laughed at my moms question but I'm glad she was able to see past the fact that Awsten wasn't in school. 

As I suspected, the whole convo was her asking questions about Awsten and me knowing the answer to most of them, thanks to the amount of time we spent today. There was one thing I didn't know the answer to. How old is Awsten Knight? I presume he's in his early 20's considering he has a full head of hair and immaculate skin. After the phone call I decided to look it up out of pure curiosity. That's when I found out that he's. oh. my. god.

"GUESS WHOS DRUNK!" I look over at Janice who's slumped over the door frame trying to kick off her shoes. "I guess Jan," I say as I get up to help her. Once we got her shoes off, I made her sit on her bed as I picked out some comfy clothes for her. I hung up her jacket and started to take off her shirt since she's already dozing off. "I bet you want Awsten to do this to you" she says half asleep. I blush immediately and she starts laughing. "If you're going to make comments like that then you can change yourself." I warned her. She started to bitch so I proceeded to helping her into her PJ's and I put her hair up before she fell completely asleep. I also put out some meds and made sure she had a cold water in the mini fridge. She would do this for me so I don't mind helping her out. After all that, I lay myself down for bed, plug in my phone, and close my eyes for the night. 

"He kinda looks like a green bean." "Janice, Go. to. bed." 

(Howdy y'all! I hope everyone had a great and safe halloween! I'm so scared for the elections tomorrow. I hope Biden wins because I don't think I can do 4 more years of that ugly ass orange. Also I don't feel like proof reading this so if there's any mistakes lemme know and I'll fix it!!) - Lulu