Chapter I

Six months later...

The image of a casino had never been more real than at that moment when Hande walked with her heels on the red carpet, sporting the most beautiful of white dresses, with a long opening for her legs. She couldn't help smiling, seeing the big chandeliers, the bright lights and the noise of money running everywhere in the form of sounds, laughter, roulette and letters - that was her world, espionage, a character to give life . She was Daphne, a wealthy woman, ready to bet a few million lire.

- I'm going to the Blackjack table, collecting some information. Do you have your listening on? - Beren, her partner, was at her side with a beautiful black dress and a serious expression.

- I am. You look weird, Beren. - Hande observed.

Beren just shook her head.

- Hunch.

- What?

- I hope you're well armed.

Beren was very strange.

- Beren, I don't understand, what do you mean?

But it was too late. Beren was gone, in fact most of the people in the casino were gone, with only half a dozen left. Strange . Hande tried to focus beyond the goosebumps and distrust.

- It's a normal, normal mission , Hande. she said with a sigh.

- How about a game, lady? - A male voice caught her eye. Plus, a strong smell of cigars and expensive drink.

One look and she was already in trouble. The man was known, at least she expected to be who she thought he was.

- Kerem.

- Did you miss me?

- I don't know you.

- But you've been thinking about me a lot lately. - the satisfaction in his words was explicit.

Hande did not answer. She didn't move.

- Aren't you going to play? - the hand that also held the glass, pointed the cards. Poker.

Something in Hande's chest begged her to get out of there, as soon as possible. It was the right thing to do, but her feet did not leave the floor.

- Miss?

- No, I don't want to. Thanks for the invitation.

- A dance, then? Good music, good light ... - very quickly, Kerem was too close and touching her hand. How did he get there so fast and how did she not see it?

Several pieces of a puzzle were thrown on the table and neither part connected with the other. Nothing seemed natural, everything was a big blur. The only clear thing was Kerem touching her hand, taking her to dance.

She couldn't help being surprised at his presence, so strong, sure, but still so unreal .

- Where have you been all this time? - Hande had the courage to stop thinking and finally start talking.

Kerem smiled with the corner of his lips and pulled her closer, chest to chest, letting their breaths be too close to be confused. That move had come as a surprise to Hande. One of Kerem's hands wrapped around his waist and stopped at his back, too.

- Am I not where I need to be? - it was he who took the first step to lead them in the dance. Closer and closer to her. Hande became increasingly breathless.