Chapter 8

Hazal and Kivanç, both a little taller than usual, were looking wistfully at the dance floor, where Kerem seemed to have a lot of fun with Hande. They both had the same thought: Kerem shouldn't have been drinking, shouldn't have passed the bill so much, shouldn't be in the middle of several people. But surprisingly, they saw that the drink made him oblivious and made him have fun. Furthermore, both agreed that Hande was doing very well for Kerem.

After Kerenina's death, Kerem's family feared a difficulty in establishing ties, mainly of friendship, partnership. However, Hande's arrival seemed to have saved Kerem from that chasm. The quick and evident connection between them and the way they formed a bond of friendship quickly, made them have no doubt that they were on the right track.

- Things will start to change, won't they? - asked Hazal, still looking at a fixed spot in the crowd.

Kivanç sighed and shook his head. Did not know. But he hoped so.

After the moment of reflection on life after a good drunk, Hazal realized something.

- Where's your girlfriend? - asked Hazal, so drunk she looked under the table, calling for Beren. - She's not here, Kiiiv.

Kivanç laughed at his cousin, perhaps a little, or a lot, exaggerated.

- She's in the bathroom. - said pointing in any direction - And she is not my giiiiiirlfriend - his voice was more dragged at that moment.

Hazal laughed like it was the funniest joke in the world.

- Good! Because then I won't feel guilty about acciiiidentally talking to Madison about the party. - Hazal explained.

Kivanç in his drunken joy began to laugh a lot. Because Hazal wasn't talking about who he knew. Madison couldn't be Madison. Madison ex-girlfriend.

- You didn't do it! - Kivanç slapped the table and started to laugh nervously.

- It was an acciiiident. - she said in an even more dragged voice. - I think she's there! Hazal spun around, clumsily, pointing upward as if it were an obvious place.

Too dizzy to argue, Kivanç looked and to his surprise there was even a tall blonde, coming down the stairs. And Hazal was right, it was Madison. The ex-girlfriend from the United States.

- Kivanç babyyyyy! - the woman called from the stairs.

With some difficulty due to the jumps - and probably due to the large amount of alcohol in her veins - she staggered down the stairs, not bothering to push people in her way, until she reached Kivanç. That he was paralyzed, without reaction, with his head throbbing but his body limp. The only name that came to mind was Beren and Beren. And how much that apparition would suck.

- Kiv, my baby, I missed you so much! - Madison smiled as she held out her arms to hug Kivanç.

The man tried to dodge, but at his height as a drunk, his steps were slower than he needed to get out in time. Madison managed to grab it. Worse, she managed to dig her nails into his skin, in excitement.

Hazal did not help. Instead, she just laughed and spun alone in the same place.

Kivanç was trying to get Madison off of him, to push her away, but it was like she was much heavier. Or him weaker.

- Madison, get out. I need to talk to you. - tried to argue, but it was impossible.

That was it, Kivanç was in the shit, with a woman determined to grab him, his cousin far and too drunk to help, his cousin Hazal being useless and only seeing the circus catch on fire. It was karma. Life was giving him a lesson for everything he had done.