Chapter 11

The landscape of Istanbul at night was beautiful.

Especially in the early morning silence. The lights were one of the things that fascinated Kerem the most. They made him feel astonishingly small compared to the immensity of the city. But at that moment, no light was as impressive to him as the light that Hande was emitting.

While she was hugging his body, trying to keep warm, and looking at the city lights while it was not yet dawn, Kerem looked at her. For her long brown hair. For the way her lips slowly opened to expel a breath, just for the pleasure of watching small smoke come out of the air. Even the way she looked at the horizon enchanted him.

- Did you used to come here a lot?

And with that question, Hande pulled him out of his trance. But he didn't stop looking at her.

- Yes, it's kind of a place I come to think about. My parents brought me here when I was a kid. After they died, I kept coming.

After this confession, Hande took her eyes off the horizon and took them to Kerem. It surprised her to notice that he was looking directly at her, as if he had been doing this for a long time.

- And now you brought me to know your special place.

- Yes.

- Wow.

- That will be our secret. - He held out his little finger to her, as at the last party.

Hande looked at his extended little finger and smiled. She quickly removed one of her hands from Kerem's waist and crossed her little fingers with him.

- A secret of ours. - agreed - In fact, you still owe me 200 lire.

Kerem smiled and released her. He also struggled to get her arms out of him.

- No, I promise I won't charge you anymore! - Hande continued to struggle to stay close to his body.

- I don't trust. - he joked.

- Please, you are so warm ... - she looked at him with big eyes.

At this he decided to loosen his arms and she was able to snuggle back.

- I should charge for the use of my body.

Hande shrugged.

- No problem, I can pay it.

- Oh yeah? Like?

- Like that.

Again, she placed her hands on either side of Kerem's face and pulled him to her lips. Only this time, Kerem was not surprised. He was thirsty for Hande's lips. And this time, he made a point of giving her a kiss the size of his affection for her. Trying to convey through his lips everything he wanted to put into words. Until they were out of breath and all that was left were the foreheads of both glued and the breaths, against each other, in a passionate war.

- You sure pay well. - he laughed.

Hande slapped him hard on the shoulder.

- You idiot. - she was laughing too.

He took the time to hug her tighter.

- Should we talk about it? - and by that, he meant the two kisses exchanged that morning.

- Not now. - Hande also hugged Kerem tightly. - For now let's focus on all this mess we are facing. Let's fix everything and then, we come back on this subject.