Chapter 2

Kerem looked at Hande with a doubtful look, obviously wondering who she was, and if anyone could be trusted by opening his cell. The noises of the shooting had already warned of a type of invasion, but he had no more hopes of being found as before. However, something in that woman's way made him think she was good. Also, because she released the women and children there. There was no way she could be like the others, who put him there.

- Kerem? - she said.

Did she know his name? Kerem was intrigued and a little impacted by hearing his name, his real name after months, suffering in that lair, without the right to his own name. He was afraid to forget him. So every day, he said it at least once, so he would never forget who he was and where he came from. And in that moment, listening to someone else was just all I needed to hear.

- It's me. - having a conversation with someone also sounded strange to his ears - And you?

- I'm from MIT. We need to go, now - Hande looked from side to side, fearing the return of the cell keeper. Hearing nothing but the noises at the top, she took a few steps into the cell. The steps were not fast, her fear also came from finding Kerem, mainly because he might not have known he was her opponent, but she did.

Given the mixture of fear and anger in her eyes, Kerem understood why she did not reveal her name. He understood that she was an agent and was probably on a search mission. Besides, she didn't know him and seemed to fear him somehow. As a sign of peace, without blinking, he got up with the rest of his strength for the day and got up. He staggered a little and thought that maybe help from her would be welcome, but because of the distance and her fear, he thought it was better not to. Decided only to follow her, runners down.

- Are you without a partner, miss? - he asked as they walked as fast as possible. As much as he wanted to be discreet, he was curious about the agent he did not know and yet, she was sent to save him.

Hande looked to the side, trying to look as professional as possible. Without any kind of expression on her face.

- My partner is up there with Mr. Kivanç. - was what she retained to say.

Kerem nodded.

- So your partner is Beren. Good to know. - His voice had a mixture of curiosity and amusement. She was hard in the fall and didn't seem to like him either. He wondered what he had done to receive such a judgment.

In the last corridor, where there was the opening, Hande looked at him.

- How do you know it's Beren?

Kerem studied her for a few seconds before answering.

- Because Kivanç doesn't go out on a mission or stays somewhere that Beren isn't.

That said, Hande almost lost her head and started celebrating for her ship, but as a professional she was, she thought "no time to ship" but to work and try not to kick Kerem Bürsin's butt away.

Some of the people she had released were still around, trying to climb, one by one, but they were slow. Impressively, even Kerem was weak, he had a way of maneuvering the situation and making things go faster. However, they would not be alone for long, as Hande began to hear footsteps getting closer and closer. They must have found the cells open by now. Without wasting time, she already had her weapons ready to shoot, if necessary. Kerem seemed to have heard it too, for he touched Hande's arm and asked for one of the weapons. Afraid, she took a long time to accept it, but finally gave in. She remembered the assessments of Kerem and a sniper like him was not expendable at a time like this. Two snipers were better than one.