Chapter 12

- I don't believe in what just happened! - Beren sighed as she sat in her chair.

Elcin, who still stopped by instead of going after her bosses, was too excited about the supposed "wedding".

- Hello, future lady Tatlitug! What a dream, a spontaneous wedding like that. Do you already have a dress in mind? - her eyes blinked super excited.

- Oh? Dress? - Beren was stunned in her thoughts.

- Elcin, honey, she's a little hit by what just happened here. What do you think about the wedding of the year after? - Hande intervened.

Kivanç's secretary seemed to come to her senses after Hande's speech and looked at Beren again.

- I'm sorry ... - she started to speak.

- No need to apologize, Elcin. You are an angel. - Beren smiled a little. - As soon as I have more details, I'll talk to you.

- Elcin! - Ahmet shouted from across the office.

With frightened eyes, Elcin realized she had to go.

- Very well, I need to see the buffet, decoration ... - Elcin thought aloud as she returned to her post.

When only Hande and Beren remained, they both exchanged a familiar look. A look startled by recent events.

- What was that all about? - Hande asked as she sat in the chair opposite her friend.

- A storm, friend. A storm. - snorted - Leaked video, people commenting on what they don't know, threats, Kerenina alive and now a wedding ... - she didn't seem very happy with the last item.

- Speaking of which ... - Hande looked around - Is it really true? - whispered the question.

Beren sighed.

- I want to tell you no, but after what Kivanç said, I'm in doubt.

- How can anyone be in doubt about their own marriage? - Hande asked.

- I didn't know about him ten minutes ago! - Beren gave a muffled squeak.

- So he didn't ask you this weekend. - Hande concluded. - How brazen, terrible a way to propose. - she started to laugh but Beren's gaze stopped her immediately.

- I'm a little upset about it. I don't like lies and this one affects me in a different way, you know. He's not saying he's going to marry me because he wants to, but because he wants to save our skin. I know it sounds like ingratitude, but it's strange to me.

Hande nodded to her friend's conclusions. Because for Beren, with a past with broken marriages, something like that wasn't just one thing .

- Friend, I understand you. But I think that if you talk, it may be that you hit those edges.

- I wait. I really wanted to solve all this.

- You feared this retaliation, right? For not being well regarded. - Hande started to lead the conversation to a field that was bothering her.

The friend nodded slightly.

- It is not a rule, as Kivanç said. But it is not well regarded for some reasons which, on second thought, are even reasonable. - twisting her lips a little, she had to agree with them. - It is a risk, to relate to your co-worker in a profession as dangerous as ours. Even more a partner. Not to mention that in the past, there have been some scandals and some ... involving the disastrous cases of Kivanç.