• Chapter Eight •

Upon their arrival to the medical facility, Kayla had gotten fed up with Johnny's excitement.

She paused next to a fountain and spun around to Johnny. "How are you so calm about this?" She asked with a small glare.

"Come on, you gotta admit that the idea of superpowers are awesome." Johnny replied with a grin.

The brunette balled her hands into fists. "This is serious, Johnny!" She exclaimed with frustration and all of a sudden a rush of water was heard before Johnny became drenched

Kayla's eyes widened. "Oh my God.." She said softly in her state of shock. "Johnny, I--" She paused as she watched the water evaporate from Johnny, who had a look of pure excitement on his face.

"This is awesome!" Johnny exclaimed, as steam emitted from his body from the evaporating water.

Kayla looked at him in shock, a little freaked out by what had just happened. "Awesome?" She repeated. Was this man serious right now?

"We're like fire and water benders!" The blonde said, grinning like an excited kid on Christmas.

She shook her head slightly. "We really need to tell Reed." She said and ran inside, Johnny hot on her trail.

After searching the entire facility, the couple were left with the dining hall and upon arrival, they found Reed sitting at a table with Susan and judging by their expressions, Kayla knew that they had discovered their own powers

"Reed." She called out as she rushed over to the table.

"Hey, you guys!" Johnny said gleefully, following behind Kayla while keeping a tight hold on her jacket that kept his lower half covered. "You are never going to believe what just happened to us!" He gestured between the brunette and himself.

Reed and Susan looked at him, their eyes glancing down his body to find Kayla's coat around his waist before they turned to the brunette and arched a brow in question.

Johnny followed their gazes and looked back up. "I can explain this." He said.

"His fire incident burnt his clothes and left him naked in a snowy pool of water." Kayla blurted out before Johnny could get the satisfaction of milking the situation. "While I'm a different story." She paused briefly.

"I think there's something wrong, Reed, and it has to do with the cloud."