Chapter 2

Sometimes, I don't wanna be happy
Don't hold it against me
If I'm down, just leave me
Let me be sad

Sun's up, I already wanna lay down
Friends calling, I ain't really tryna go out (No)
Don't wanna get dressed up to pretend (No)
I could lie and say I'm fine
Maybe you'll stop calling then

I've got my chin up on my shoulder
Only getting older
So I keep to myself
Ain't tryna complain
Just don't wanna explain it

I heard a soft voice singing a song. I don't know if it was about some sort of pain or anger, but I did know who was most likely singing it based on where we were, which brought a smirk to my face. If she wasn't akumatized by now, then I would do everything in my overwhelming amount of power to make sure she was.

I walked off, leaving Marinette to her pathetic little life.  Either she was singing this for her to be strong or for someone else to. Most likely, based on her lack of friendly conversation with anyone lately, it is likely so she can stay strong.

Although if it was Marinette, her voice was very squeaky as if it had been filled with helium. I shrugged and went to bed.

The next day, when I went to school, I saw Marinette hanging out with Alya. I found it suspicious because Marinette was early to school. This was rare or rather... non existent. But I could see how happy Alya was to hang out with her. There wasn't anything I could do as of this moment.

I walked over to them, expecting a glare from Marinette. Unusually, she sent me a friendly smile. Probably acting, I told myself.

"What's up, Lila?" Alya asked.

"Oh. Nothing." I smile. "My babysitting went great." I offered this false information.

"Show us pictures!" Marinette fangirled.

Now, she was acting suspicious. What was going on? I pulled out my phone nonetheless with a picture of some babies.

Alya smiled. "They are so adorable!" She exclaimed.

Marinette nodded. I subtly looked at Marinete. "Are you okay? You're acting weird."

She looked at me as if confused. I grabbed her arm... or rather I tried to...

She was gone in a moment, orange smoke was in her place. An illusion.

"What the hell?!" Alya exclaimed. "She was an illusion?!"

I looked up with a smirk in my mind, then act worried. "How is she an illusion?!" I really did wonder. I wasn't Volpina and Rena Rouge wasn't here. Well, she was but she wasn't since Alya was no longer Rena Rouge.

"We need to look for her!" Alya exclaimed.

I nodded. "We can split up." I suggested. This would give me a chance to make it look like something happened and frame Marinette.

Alya agreed. I saw her head toward Marinette's bakery. I headed towards the Eiffel Tower, where I saw Rena Rouge. Not Alya, but a new one with braided red hair that went only down to her shoulders.

I looked at her. "Why did you make an illusion of Marinette?" she wouldn't know about me if she was new.

She turned towards me with a glare. "It isn't your business." she said. "Go. I have something to do." she left immediately, while Cat Noir intercepted her in the air. He clearly thought he was an akuma. 

She stopped at Marinette's  bakery and I lost sight of her.

I heard her stop right outside my window. She smiled up at Cat Noir. "Oh Kitty. I'm not an akumatized villain. Can't you see I am ladybug? I am only holding a different miraculous."

"Okay, but why did you make an illusion of Marinette?" Cat Noir asked.

She smiled at him. "She's had a rough couple of month's." she said. "She wanted Alya to be happy so she could hang out with Marinette." she said, sounding honest. "I didn't account for the illusion to sound like an idiot as if she believed that bitch, Lila."

Ouch.

"I get she's a liar, but there's obviously some good in her." he said. "Everyone has good in them."

She rolled her eyes. "You sound like Adrien telling Mari to take the highway." she sounded annoyed. "I will keep quiet about her lies, but when I find concrete evidence, I will end up exposing her."

Cat Noir shook his head. "You chose a bad place to say that, Ladybug." he said. "We're close enough for Lila to hear your plan."

She shrugged. "Then, she knows what's coming to her." she said.

"And when did you start caring?" he asked, changing the subject.

"About three years, two months and three weeks ago." she was far too specific. "That's the day Lila was akumatized the first time and when I watched her steal a book from Adrien."

Cat Noir was shocked. "Lila stole that book?"

Ladybug nodded. "And Marinette lied so that he would be able to go to school again." she said. "If you want any elaboration, ask Marinette. I'm sure if confronted, she will tell the truth."

Interesting. This little fox saw me take it...

Chat shook his head. "She should tell Adrien herself." he said. "But what did Lila do to you to make you lose innocence?"

Ladybug rolled her eyes. "Ask Marinette on that one. On second thought, don't. i would rather not make her lose all her friends."

If Ladybug knows, then I won't leave any lenience for Marinette. I thought.