Troll on Halloween

Alexandria couldn't believe that she'd already been at Hogwarts for two months. The castle felt more like a second home to her, after the Burrow, of course. Her lessons were becoming much more interesting now that they had mastered the basics.

On Halloween morning, the first year Gryffindor woke up to the delicious and rich smell of baking pumpkin that filled the corridors. She was especially excited when Professor Flitwick announced in Charms that he thought they were ready to start making object fly, something they had all been dying to try since they'd seen him make Neville's toad zoom around the classroom. Professor Flitwick put the class into pairs to practice. Harry was partner was Seamus as Alexandria was partnered with Neville. Ron, however, was to be working with Hermione. It was hard to tell who was more angrier about this. Hermione still hadn't spoken to either of the boys since the day Harry's broomstick had arrived.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" Professor Flitwick squeaked out, who was perched on top of his booms. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important too — never forget Wizard Buffalo, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

Alexandria saw that Neville was extremely nervous, he mumbled the incantation but the feather barely moved an inch from the desktop.

"Remember Neville, you've got to relax... you're too stiff. Relax and remember, you got to swish your wand and flick your wrist."

Neville took a deep breath.

"And remember you have to speak clearly."

"Wingardium Leviosa!" He said. He flicked his wand and the feather lifted about a foot in the air.

"Excellent job, Neville!"

Neville smiled weakly. "You try it."

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Alexandria said and flicked her wand.

Their feather lifted above four feet above their heads.

"Excellent Miss Weasley! Look everyone!"

The feather returned to the desk. "Wonderful!"
Professor Flitwick told Alexandria.

Alexandria left Neville to practice the charm as her eyes wondered around the classroom.
She saw that Harry was partnered with Seamus, they both seemed to be struggling. Seamus got impatient that he prodded the feather with his wand and set in on fire. She saw Harry hurry to put it out with his hat.

She saw Ron wasn't having much luck, either.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron shouted, waving his long arms around like a windmill.

"You're saying wrong," Hermione told him. "It's Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the 'gar' nice and long."

"You do it, then, if you're so clever," Ron snarled at her.

Hermione rolled up the sleeves of her gown, flicked her wand and said, "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Their feather rose of the desk and hovered about four feet above their heads.

"Oh, well done!" Professor Flitwick cried as he clapped. "Everyone see here! Miss Granger's done it."

Alexandria clapped for her friend, but then she saw Ron rest his head on his arms which were spread on the desktop looking annoyed.

As they exited the class, she saw Harry and Ron talking. She looked around for Hermione who was exiting the classroom.

"That was brilliant, Hermione!"