The Golden Music Box

Alexandria was so excited for Christmas to come. She had to admit that she was sad that she wouldn't be spending it with her uncle and aunt, but she was excited that she could spend it with her new friends.

One morning during mid-December, Alexandria and others woke up to find that the castle was buried in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and she heard from Fred and George that they had got in trouble and punished for bewitching snowballs to hit the back of Professor Quirrell's turban.

Everyone couldn't wait for the holidays to begin. Students would bundle up in their cloaks, scarfs, and gloves as the corridors had become cold and wild winds rattled the windows in the classrooms. The worst of all was when it was time for Potions with Professor Snape in the dungeons.

One Potions class, while they measuring out powdered spine of lionfish, the voice of Draco Malfoy cut through the cold air.

"I do feel so sorry," he said, "for all the people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

Alexandria saw that he was targeting Harry as he was staring straight at him while he said this. Harry, who had dumped the powdered spine of lionfish into his cauldron, ignored Malfoy entirely.

After the events of the Quidditch match, Malfoy was clearly unhappy and annoyed. He tried to get everyone laughing at how a wide-mouth tree frog could be replacing Harry as Seeker. Then he realized that nobody found this funny because they were all so impressed of how Harry managed to stay on his bucking broom. So Malfoy, who was jealous and angry, went back to taunting Harry about having no proper family.

Professor McGonagall had come around the week before, making a list of students who would be staying for the holidays, Alexandria had signed up, along with Harry, Ron, and the rest of her cousins. When the four Gryffindors left the dungeons at the end of Potions, they found a large big tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet were sticking out at the bottom and a loud puffing sound told them that Hagrid was behind it.

"Hi, Hagrid, want any help?" Ron asked, sticking his head through the branches.

"Nah, I'm all right, thanks, Ron."

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Came a cold drawl behind them. They turned around to see Malfoy was walking towards them, Crabbe and Goyle behind him. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose — that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to."

Alexandria went to charge at Malfoy, but was stopped by Hermione, who gripped her arm. However, Ron wasn't stopped and dived at Malfoy just as Snape came up the stairs.

"WEASLEY!"

Ron let go of the front of Malfoy's robes.

"He was provoked, Professor Snape," Hagrid cut in, sticking his huge hairy face out from behind the tree. "Malfoy was insultin' his family."

"Be that as it may," Snape said, " but fighting is against Hogwarts rules, Hagrid. Five points from Gryffindor, Weasley, and be grateful it isn't more. Move along, all of you."

Malfoy pushed past the tree, scattering pine needles everywhere, smirking. Crabbe and Goyle followed closely.

"I'll get him," Ron said, gritting his teeth at Malfoy's retreating figure, "one of these days, I'll get him."

"I hate them both," Harry said. "Malfoy and Snape."

"Come on, cheer up, it's nearly Christmas," Hagrid chimed in. "Tell yeh what, come with me an' see the Great Hall, looks a treat."