Quidditch and Cursed Brooms

As November came, the weather turned very cold. The mountain around the school because icy gray and the lake like chilled steel. The grounds outside were covered in frost. Hagrid could be seen bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit fur gloves and enormous beaver skin boots, defrosting broomsticks on the Quidditch field.

The Quidditch season had begun and on Saturday, Alexandria would be playing in her first match after weeks of training along with Harry: Gryffindor vs Slytherin. If Gryffindor won, they would move up in second place in the House Championship.

Hardly anyone had seen either of the first-years play as Wood decides that, as their secret weapons, well they should both be kept, well, a secret. But the news that Harry Potter was playing Seeker and Alexandria Weasley was playing Chaser had somehow leaked out.

Harry felt extremely lucky that he had Alexandria and now Hermione as friends. He didn't know how he's gotten through all his homework with them. He also couldn't believe with Quidditch practices that Alexandria was still on top of her homework. Hermione lent him Quidditch Through the Ages, which was very interesting.

He learned that there were seven hundred ways of committing a foul in Quidditch and that all of them happened during a World Cup match in 1473.

Hermione had also became more relaxed about breaking rules since the boys saved her life from the mountain troll. The day before the first Quidditch match, the four of them were out in the freezing courtyard during break and she had conjured them a bright blue fire that could be carried around in a jam jar.

They were standing with their backs to it, getting warm when Snape crossed the yard. Harry noticed he was limping at once. The four of them moved closer together to block the fire from view; they were sure it wouldn't be allowed. Unfortunately for them, something about their guilty faces caught Snape's eyes. He limped over.

"What's the you've got there, Potter?"

Harry showed him; it was Quidditch Through the Ages.

"Library books are not to be taken outside the school," Snape said. "Give it to me. Five points form Gryffindor."

"He's just made that rule up," Harry muttered angrily as Snape limped away. "Wonder what's wrong with his leg?"

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him," Ron replied bitterly.

The Gryffindor was packed and was very noisy that evening. They sat together next to a window. Hermione was checking Harry and Ron's Charms homework for them. She said she would never let them copy. Alexandria was sitting in an armchair with her legs hanging off. She was restless and extremely nervous about the match tomorrow, suddenly she was taken out from her thoughts when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Harry standing.

"Do you need something?"

"I was going to ask Snape of I could have Quidditch Through the Ages back and I was wondering if you wanted to come?"

"Sure, I need something to do anyways."

They made their way down to the staff room and knocked. There was no answer and Harry knocked again. Nothing. Perhaps Snape had left the book inside? It was worth a try. Harry pushed the door ajar and peered inside. He stood there in shock.

"Harry?" Alexandria whispered. "What is it?"

Harry didn't respond so Alexandria moved forward to look. It was a horrible scene.

Snape was inside along with Filch. He was holding his robes above his knees. One of his legs were bloody and mangled. Filch was handing him bandages.