Chapter 24

KATIE'S POV

I didn’t know what to do. Were they talking about me? I sat next to Connor. ‘ what time is Conan on?’ Connor asked.  ‘7:15 Connor. Put the channel on so we don’t miss it’ I said back. It was 7 and Michelle and Chris came in, they had just finished tidying up the kitchen. Conan began, Josh was going to be first on. I wanted him to be on first, I wouldn’t like to know he was backstage waiting for an hour alone. I felt a buzz, it was my phone. I forgot I brought my phone down. I looked at it. It was a text from Josh. ‘Gorgeous don’t forget to watch me. I will be thinking of you the whole time.’ He was so cute. I love him so much. ‘Josh how could I forget to watch you. I have been watching this TBS for ages, Before Conan started I was watching  Tree restoration. FEEL LUCKY!! Haha I love you babe. Urmm earlier you I overheard your mum and dad talking. I will tell you about it later. I love you, good luck’ As soon as I sent the text I heard Conan say ‘Here he is the one and only Josh Hutcherson!!’ Josh in his perfect grey suit walked out onto the stage and sat down. They talked about Mocking Jay, and what the first movie was like, and then Conan brang up Me. ‘So Josh we all know you have this one special girl at the moment don’t you?’ Josh nodded. ‘Yes I do, she’s beautiful in every way, she is kind, caring, helpful and just truly amazing. I love her to pieces and someday I want to marry her’ I blushed. ‘Joshua Ryan Hutcherson, I love you and I will marry you!!! I was going to tell you at the table and I just didn’t have time!! I love you and always will!! I will Marry you’ I sent him the text.The whole audience ‘aww’ s. ‘That’s sweet Josh, so what’s her name?’ Conan asked. ‘Her name is Katie, we met when I broke down outside her house. That was one of the luckiest days of my life. I met the most amazing girl in the world, that day.’ I blushed and so did josh. ‘Well thank you Josh. After the break, Reese Witherspoon with be with us. See you then’ Conan said, and then it went into the commercials. I didn’t realise at first but all Josh’s family were looking at me. After a while Michelle said something to me. ‘Katie, you know that you are perfect for Josh and he seems so much happier when he is around you, You do realise that I am so happy he has found you. You are absolutely beautiful and lovely. He has got the whole package with you’ I blushed. ‘Why thank you Mrs Hutcherson. I am glad I have Josh. I feel like the happiest girl alive when I am with him’

JOSH'S POV

I braced myself knowing that the next 5 minutes of my life would be the hardest minutes I have ever lived. ‘Oh Hello Josh, What are you doing here?’ Katie’s Dad said. ‘Mr Smith I am here to ask you something important.’ I said back. I paused I didn’t want to rush into asking him. ‘Yes Josh and that is?’ I couldn’t get the words out. ‘Urmm, well urmm.’ Was all I could say. ‘Josh are you okay?’ Katie’s dad,  Charlie, asked. ‘Oh yes, sorry Mr Smith. I wanted to ask you If I am able to ask your beautiful daughter Katie to marry me’ I felt so proud of myself, I got it out and I felt so happy. Mr Smith didn’t reply for abit. ‘Mr Smith?’ I asked. ‘Oh yes, sorry Josh. Do you really love my daughter?’ He said in a weird tone of voice. ‘Yes Mr Smith, I love her with all my heart. I love her more than anyone on this planet. She is the most beautiful, kind, caring person I know, Wait! In this world.I would give up acting for her.’ The look of shock on Charlie’s face stunned me. ‘Josh, I have never heard anyone say anything as nice as that about my daughter.’ He started to tear up. ‘Josh of course you can ask my Daughter to marry you’ He smiled. ‘Now go on Josh go ask her.’ Charlie said in a hurried tone ‘But  remember if you hurt her you have ME to go through’ He said after. ‘Thank you Mr Smith, Thank you so much!!’ I shook his hand and got back into my car and drove to Conan. Camera flashes came from all directions; I smiled, signed all autographs I could until I was told to follow the super visor into the building. I sat down in the greenroom, while the make-up artists where putting the last bits of make-up on before the show started I text Katie. ‘Gorgeous don’t forget to watch me. I will be thinking of you the whole time.’ I put my phone on the side and got ready to walk out onto the stage. I feel a buzz in my pocket. I grab my phone just as I start to pull it out. ‘Here he is the one and only Josh Hutcherson!!’ Someone taps on the shoulder and nods, I know what it means. I start to walk out. I greet Conan and we sit down. We talk about Mocking Jay, and what the first movie was like, and then he brings up Katie. ‘So Josh we all know you have this one special girl at the moment don’t you?’ I nodded. ‘Yes I do, she’s beautiful in every way, she is kind, caring, helpful and just truly amazing. I love her to pieces and someday I want to marry her’ The whole audience ‘aww’ s. I feel another buzz in my pocket. I know its Katie.  ‘That’s sweet Josh, so what’s her name?’ Conan asked. ‘Her name is Katie, we met when I broke down outside her house. That was one of the luckiest days of my life. I met the most amazing girl in the world, that day.’ I blushed. ‘Well thank you Josh. After the break, Reese Witherspoon with be with us. See you then’ It went silent. ‘And we are out’ I got up shock Connan’s hand and walked off.