✨ EXTRA: Bittersweet Greeting (Satan x Reader)

This is something I randomly thought of when I wanted to make something really painful for his bday xD

WARNING: this story contains some angst specifically for Satan, so if you are easily sensitive towards these kinds of stories please look away!

~

Imagine you finally chose one out of all the demon brothers...someone who isn't Satan.

As you fondly smiled and held hands with one of his brothers, Satan looks at you in a far distance, smiling and clapping with the others as he wishes you both well. Amidst that smile, however, was a swirl of emotions. Emotions that burned deeper and deeper as he stares at you and his brother. It felt strange to him. He usually did not expect anything out of anyone, but somehow, he felt an intense feeling. A feeling heavier than any emotion he experienced. A feeling that dug deeper and deeper inside of him, clawing its way through, making him shed a tear without even noticing it. Was it anger? Jealousy? No...the feeling was stronger than that. Seeing you with someone else, knowing things wouldn't be the same anymore, knowing that he won't have your smile all to himself....it made him want to scream— to plead for a different outcome, to stop time and rewind it from the very beginning...but it was too late.

He's grateful to have met you. You brought something to his life. Something he never knew he needed. From the days you spent with him, from the days you treasured him and held him close to your arms, sparing no sweet detail of how special he was to you...he felt happy. He felt peaceful. Like all the anger that once resided within him suddenly disappeared. You gave him meaning. With you, he learned more about himself. He learned how to control his anger, he learned how to open his heart to others, and most especially, he learned to love you. He learned to love you from the bottom of his heart. He wanted you to be his...yet...why? Why has fate brought this moment upon him? His face showed true joy for his brother, yet his heart wanted to burst. The anger he used to be accustomed to has turned into a heavy feeling of regret. Was all those words you told him a lie? Did you really care about him? Was he wrong to think he was special to you?

Those thoughts filled his head as he felt the pain of a thousand daggers simultaneously striking his chest. Maybe he wasn't as special as he taught he was. Of course, he was never enough, someone who has nothing special about themself, someone who lacks any defining qualities or personality, someone who often people call bland or average...
of course, someone like that won't become special to you.

He looks at you both, thinking maybe this was for the best. Maybe if it was him, you wouldn't be happy. If it was him, you wouldn't have that bright and carefree smile you have now. Seeing you with that expression, the sweet, innocent, and caring person he grew to love, he couldn't bring himself to do anything. You were happy and that's all that mattered to him.

Shedding his last tears in secret, he approaches you and his brother with all the strength he had left.

Smiling once more, he says:

"Congratulations."

~

Its very short, huh. BUT IM IN PAIN xD

Anyway, regarding the other stories for this book...i might be doing them soon! Maybe on a school break, I have a lot of things to do so it's a bit hard for me right now TvT)

I'm very sorry but, stay tuned for next time 💚