Chapter 4 - Wait so Neville's hot now?

Neville

'And then I ended up here.' I finished explaining to the shocked council. It'd taken me a while to process the fact that I'd landed in the middle of a meeting of possibly the most powerful, well-known and influential people on the planet, but once they'd reassured me they weren't planning on smiting me, I managed to calm down enough to explain the situation. 'Everything was a mess, and I fell, and then my robes caught fire, and...'

Suddenly, the goddess of magic's eyes lit up, as if she were struck with an idea.

'This.. cup...' She started. ' Is it a massive, intricate, goblet type thing with engravings on the sides?'

'Exactly like that.' I replied, frowning. 'But how do you know-'

'That's the exact description of the Chalice of Hecate.' Lou Ellen interrupted. 'It's her holy weapon. It went missing centuries ago - I think I remember reading somewhere about gifting it to some of her lesser descendants.'

'Were these descendants by any chance called Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, Godric Griffindor and Salazar Slytherin?' I asked. 

Lou Ellen nodded. 'Those names seem right. You know them?'

'They were Hogwarts's founders.'

'So can we just recap?' Annabeth interjected. 'So, hundreds of years ago Hecate gifted her holy weapon to four of her less powerful descendants, and they, what, used this power to build a magical boarding school?'

'This is insane.' Piper muttered, sitting forward.

'The thing is,' I said, 'those guys in the masks I mentioned, they weren't just idiots messing around. They were death eaters.'

'They were what?' King Perseus asked, frowning.

'Why would anyone want to eat-' Lady Piper snickered.

'Death eaters.' I repeated.

 Lord Nico called out,

'Thanatos!'

A cloaked figure appeared next to his throne, head slightly bowed in respect.

'Have you been eating mortals, Thanatos?' Nico asked.

The god of death jerked back, affronted.

'I would never, my lord!' He said indignantly.

'Have they been eating you?'

'No - I - No, of course not!' Thanatos stuttered in confusion.

'Ok. That will be all.' Nico replied, dismissing him with a wave. Thanatos bowed again, and vanished.

'What exactly do you mean by death eaters, Neville?' Lady Piper asked carefully.

'They're his special helpers. His gang, his backup. They're terrifying.'

'Okay.' Lady Annabeth sighed. 'Well, isnt this a mess. Finally, finally we've dealt with our enemies, and a new guy shows up with a whole new load of problems.'

'Sorry.' I mutter, feeling suddenly guilty for having dropped this on their shoulders.

'Don't worry about it.' Lady Hazel said kindly. 'If we're not here to help people, what's even the point?'

'Exactly.' King Perseus said. 'So, we're all in agreement then?'

Murmurs of assent echoed around the throne room, and I blinked in confusion.

'I'm sorry - I don't understand. Agreement to what?'

Lord Leo leaned forward, grinning wickedly.

'Why, Mr Longbottom. The gods of Olympus are coming to Hogwarts.'

Heeeey. Long time no see, huh?

Keep commenting and making recommendations, I do read everything.