Chapter 6 Making Dinner

(haha new title and new cover! So I thought the previous title of "my parents are gay idiots" was a little on the nose and stupid. So I've decided to call it "a jump in time" I'll keep the original title just so y'all current readers don't get confused. Also I drew the cover, actually really proud of it since I can't draw anime lol.

 Also I drew the cover, actually really proud of it since I can't draw anime lol

This is the unedited version. Only now realise the girl in the front looks like Ochaco, smh. It's supposed to be (y/n).)

You and the rest of the class were all sitting around the dorm's living area.

Sero, Kaminari, Kirishima and Mina were all sitting around a grumpy Papa, Mina laying across the top of the couch, much to Iida's distaste.

You were sitting on the couch adjacent to your Papa, with Ochaco Iida and your Dad.

The rest of the class were all sitting crossed legged on the floor watching tv like toddlers.

You were trying not to be obvious but you were keeping a keen eye on your papa.

The conditions of the bet you won was that you would cook together only if you both happened to be in the kitchen at the same time. You had a feeling that he was also waiting for you to go cook, knowing that you would just follow behind him if he made the first move.
If you waited long enough maybe he will give up.

Suddenly a loud rumble silences everyone as they all look over at the source.

Kaminari blushed. "Sorry guys I guess I'm just really hungry." He nervously chuckled.

You begrudgingly gave in. Standing up, you assured him that you would cook dinner.

You saw your papa smirk in the corner of your eye as you made your way over to the kitchen.

You began looking through the cupboard again to find the pans like last time. This time, you did manage to find them.

As you were heaving out a large frying pan, it is probably more of a wok than a fry pan, a sudden voice piped up behind you.

"So what're we making this time?"

"JESUS-" You yelped, dropping the wok on the ground with a loud bang.

You turned around clutching your rapidly beating heart, leaning on the counter to support your weight.

"God, stop scaring me like that." You wheazed glaring at your Papa. "Also, I thought you didn't want to cook."

"What? When did I say that?" He asked.

"Well I was waiting for you to go to the kitchen because I didn't think you would follow if I went first." You explained still bewildered.

"You're overthinking things nerd, I was waiting for you to go."

"Why?"

"I don't know, ladies first or some shit."

You laughed and picked up the wok, dusting it off and wiping it down after you dropped it in the floor.

"Well, to answer your earlier question, I was thinking we could do a big batch of fried rice, porks strips and maybe some egg."

"Nah not eggs again that's boring." Papa responded, walking over to the shelves and bringing out several ingredients."I was thinking we could do either soup or tempura."

"Tempura sounds nice but it's not the easiest thing to make for 21 people. So soup sounds like the best option. What ingredients can we use?" You expanded, weighing your options.

"We got some pumpkin, could do pumpkin soup." Papa commented, staring through the fridge bat the difference options.

"That sounds good. I can start preparing the vegetables if you want to get the stock ready?"

Your Papa nodded and went off to work. You both worked well together, your Papa sometimes seemed amazed when you would hand him exactly what he needed without him even asking. You should probably stop doing that, it's a little suspicious.

"What? You got some sort of mind reading quirk as well? Or do I do some sort of cooking show in the future?" He asked as you wordlessly handed him the peeled and chopped pumpkin before he could even try getting it himself.

"Neither." You chuckled, refusing to give any further explanation.

He finished putting the last ingredients into the wok and went silent.

Now all you had to do was wait for the soup to cook.

"So, how far in the future did you say you were from again?" He asked.

"I'm not entirely sure if I should answer that." You tried to joke but was unsuccessful.

"It's just that- you seem to know me really well. So. You must atleast know me in the future." He continues.

Ok you were panicking now.

"I- er, ah- oh look! The soup is finished!" You awkwardly changed the subject, turning the stove off and beginning to pull out the bowls.

Papa gave you a glare but begrudgingly helped you by pouring the soup into the bowls.

You both worked in a chain, he would pour about two bowls of soup, you would take them out to the hungry classmates.

"Thanks (y/n)! Smells amazing!"
"Thanks dude!"
"Thankyou (y/n)."

Lastly your Papa served your own bowls, handing you one and holding onto his own.

It was almost silent as everyone ate, besides Kaminari and Mina having a competition on who could slurp their soup the loudest, irritating Papa to the point that he smacked Kaminari on the back of his head (I like ur cut g) making him splash the soup all down the front of his shirt.

The tv played in the background and no-one was really paying attention to it until a certain article came on.

"All might's final message and what was it supposed to mean? All on tonight's broadcast. Hello my name is-"

You noticed both of your parents faces drop. And before you knew it your dad was calling after your Papa as he stormed out of the room.

Yeesh, if he's acting like that, it must be fresh.

You looked around the room at the other students, they all had expressions with varying degrees of understanding.

"Do you think he's still mad about the licence exam?" Todoroki questioned from the side lines.

At this your Dad's face fell.

"I-i gotta go." He said to the class, running out of the dorm after your Papa.

Things clicked in your head. It's the day after the licence exams, your Papa was clearly angry about grandpa's retirement.

Tonight was their big fight.

(Sorry for short chapter, in thought it was moving a little too fast.)